RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Critiques The place to get serious, in-depth analysis and opinions of your work

www.retouchpix.com ? how good/bad is it?

Old 12-27-2006, 04:29 AM

www.retouchpix.com ? how good/bad is it?

Hi,
I am a member of this site and I work as a full time retoucher in Dubai. I am considering moving onto freelancing, so that I can work from home.
I need you to look through retouchpix (professional work) and give me your most frank opinion on my work.
The work in this 'flash gallery' is what I have one for the ad agency where I work.

I assume there are really highly professional photographers and retouchers as well here from all around the world and am hoping to get a feed back from you (please...) about my work and to know if its really worth for me to go freelancing.

Also the rest of the site contains more simple retouching work, like for individuals.

Thanx for the c&c in advance everyone.
Retouchpix.

C&C from everyone is most welcome.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-27-2006, 04:37 AM

Re: www.retouchpix.com ? how good/bad is it?

I had previously posted this same thread at works/jobs section. Thats when it was suggested that I post it here. hence the same post. No spam intended please.
thanx.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-27-2006, 12:44 PM

Retouchpix Sorry but not a "professional" ( who incidently may well be on holiday for the xmas period and why you have had few answers ) but a hobbyist so here is my take on your website
No music thankfully ( drives me mad)
AS for your work i enjoyed looking at it and had the "i wonder" how that was done thought a few times

If i was as good as you i would try freelancing, there is only one way to find out and that is have a go,( i would keep the day job for a bit of security though) have you had any feed back/interest from your website ?

Palms
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-30-2006, 07:18 PM

I'm new to all of this, having just started playing with photoshop recently. FWIW, some of your work is very nice, I love the chess pieces at the end, and the winter scene with the snowman.

A few things I couldn't see any difference between the before and after though, the robot sketch for example, and the woman with her hand on the wall...
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-31-2006, 02:59 AM

Thumbs down Re: www.retouchpix.com ? how good/bad is it?

I think the photos are definitely very nice and clean. The designs are interesting and unique. I really liked how you used basic elements, like leaves or light bulbs, to create grander designs. Keep up the awesome work!
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-01-2007, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurock
I'm new to all of this, having just started playing with photoshop recently. FWIW, some of your work is very nice, I love the chess pieces at the end, and the winter scene with the snowman.

A few things I couldn't see any difference between the before and after though, the robot sketch for example, and the woman with her hand on the wall...
Hi thanx for your comments.
The robot, original is actually a 'masculine robot' and I had to contour it to make it more 'feminine'.
The woman with the hand on the wall, is a real case of a model undergoing extensive plastic surgery on the computer My boss gave me her picture saying "I know she's ugly, but do the best you can..."
So I thickened her hair, to make it narrow her broad face. Straightened her nose, gave her smoother lips, curved her crooked jaw line, removed wrinkles etc...
I guess those changes are not so visible... but that was the first time I had done such extensive retouching on a model! which is why its there
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-02-2007, 12:35 AM

I could tell there was something different about the model photo, but I couldn't pinpoint it. Then again, that's probably the way it's supposed to work, eh?
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques