Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Critiques The place to get serious, in-depth analysis and opinions of your work

Another Skin Retouch

Old 05-05-2007, 01:53 PM
Re: Another Skin Retouch

i like the result, maybe a little color adjustments as mentioned before but everyones taste is different. anyway I wanted to ask something (seems to be right place to ask are there other ways to add the details (skin texture) back except highpass filter?
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-06-2007, 09:01 PM

Need color adjustment but Overall you did a great job...
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-31-2007, 07:17 AM

I think it's great. Wish I could achieve such texture. To me, it seems to flow beautifully with with the contours of her face.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-27-2007, 05:53 AM

Adding the texture was a great improvement, although if I were you I would make it a bit lighter & more subtle around the cheek area in particular; at the moment it's a little bit too pronounced. Otherwise- great job!
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-28-2007, 06:54 PM

Really nice seems like some effort went into creating it,I personally like it.The thing is did you achieve what you set out to do and only you can answer that
also whats the end use going to be for the photograph I think these are always important questions one should always ask of themselves

just my opinion zgane
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-29-2007, 05:31 AM

Without knowing the look you were after, my first thoughts were that this does not look natural or real. It appears that some type of blurring was done to selective skin areas, with a texture added afterwards. That aside, the idea of retouch (in my head) is to enhance an up the skin is only portion of the work, and the image as a whole does not seem enhanced. Just a few areas of note: the area around her eye does not match the overall skin texture of her face. You have lost definition along her upper lip, the highlight under her nostril and around her eyes is too sharp in contrast to the overall sheen, and overall, the skin color and texture is much too uniform and looks very much like a mannequin.
I hope you don't find this too harsh, but it seems rampant in "skin smoothing" threads that the image as a whole is not addressed, it is merely about the skin. Good skin is fine, but skin itself, is not what makes an image work, it's just one part of the process. In the end, it won't matter how great the skin looks if the rest of the image falls short.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-03-2007, 09:50 PM

I think it's really cool, and I agree it also depends on what look you're going for. It looks like the emboss technique skin. I'm surprised that's a real skin texture as it looks really fake.

Maybe it would be much better if the skin was a bit softer to reduce skin texture.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-05-2007, 04:07 PM
Thumbs up Re: Another Skin Retouch

Hello Godmother

Surprised just check your work very good skin lustre no wonder you told me my work was crap but personally for me I wouldn't want my pic to look like this it's a bit dolly skin for me i prefer the natural look even with tiny bit of pimples but for the perfection people want out there you've achieved a good job.

hope you don't mind my critique

i am not a bloke by the way just incase, i had the feeling you thought of me as a man anyway thats all behind me now.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-05-2007, 04:26 PM

I think your work looks great. It looks like it could be a dior or chanel ad. Are there any tutorials that you followed to get this type of workflow?
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques