Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Critiques The place to get serious, in-depth analysis and opinions of your work

Skin Texture

Old 06-25-2007, 08:10 AM
Skin Texture

I ask your opinion about this skin texture

i know it is the best when skin has texture for own and ray12 gave us a great bump map but this texture created by an action uses 3 layers automatically so could it ok for a non high-end picture?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg before.jpg (97.7 KB, 121 views)
File Type: jpg after.jpg (99.4 KB, 150 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-25-2007, 09:09 AM
Re: Skin Texture

I would say it is best to preserve texture that is already in the image rather than trying to bring it in.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-27-2007, 03:49 AM
Re: Skin Texture

Saby I just mentioned this in a previous post.A lot depends on what you or the client is trying to achieve so you have to ask yourself,did I achieve what I set out to do.There really is not a cut and dry answer unless your trying to reproduce something exactly but when you are trying to achieve something artistic you really have to ask the above question and be honest with yourself

just an opinion zganie
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-06-2007, 11:14 AM
Thumbs up Re: Skin Texture

As a newbie i am well confused with everyone wants to achieve the best skin texture ever, there is one thing to achieve a good natural skin there is another to come out with a mannequin whilst we want to do our best for ourself or our client one have to realise we can loose if we are not careful when do we say it is perfect i stop from my knowledge i have done a few restoration for close friends and family they've been happy for what i did and i know for a fact when i posted my website for critique i got a battering but the people i did the work for was very satisfied the photo look very different on the web as it did from when i got them from the printing shop i am no expert by any mean and only 2 month worth of photoshop i dont have much to say for myself but the point i am making is if your client is happy and you are happy with your work then thats ok because you will always have someone telling you how bad your work is even though you are happy with what you've done the people you are doing work for don't have a clue nor interest about photo editing, restoring, skin texture this and that etc they have other things on there mind all they know is that they have an old torn photo need restoring and someone can do it for them period.

It is good to have expert opinion but you have to be yourself aswell unless you have a strong head you can loose it in a place like this you need to reach your own goal not get suck in someone else's we all want to be "THE EXPERT" but we can only get there to our own ability talking about clients etc what type of client do people in this forum have Tom Cruise, J-Lo or the little old lady just down the road otherwise it would be the sky is the limit.

just voicing my opinion

Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques