RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Critiques The place to get serious, in-depth analysis and opinions of your work

Your critique pls

Old 07-12-2007, 04:13 AM

Your critique pls

Hello All,

I would appreciate your critique on my new work please any reply would be much appreciated.

http://www.pbase.com/sergio2263/image/82109348/large

many thanks

cheers

sergio
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-13-2007, 07:46 PM

Re: Your critique pls

Your technique appears to be very good.

Some of the colors (to me) are a little too saturated and look unnatural, such as this one: http://www.pbase.com/sergio2263/image/81738880

This one is spot on: http://www.pbase.com/sergio2263/image/82109348/large
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-14-2007, 11:18 AM

You seem to have painted flesh tone over the whites of her eyes and over her teeth. I would clean this up and restore the white. Also, compared to the rest of the photo, her shirt is washed out, I'd restore more color. Also reset the crop. Do you really need all that grass?

Otherwise, you are improving.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fixed.jpg (36.0 KB, 32 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-15-2007, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampy View Post
You seem to have painted flesh tone over the whites of her eyes and over her teeth. I would clean this up and restore the white. Also, compared to the rest of the photo, her shirt is washed out, I'd restore more color. Also reset the crop. Do you really need all that grass?

Otherwise, you are improving.
Hi Swampy

thank you for your reply and your detailed critiques first the eyes and the teeth i am in a right dilemma from my pc they are white i did make sure the eyes and teeth are whitened accordingly the t.shirt i opted for a pale or washout colour just my choice i didn't want a dark colour t.shirt perhaps the darker colour may be better i haven't concentrate much on the surrounding of the image as i am concentrating at the moment on getting the skin tones right i have much to improve i am glad of having someone else looking at my work and could direct me to mistakes i am making i will take note of what you've said and do your version to see the difference.

i also need urgently to calibrate my pc not sure how it's done but i have search the net for tutorials on how it's done. at the moment i am just a fish out of water with everything lol.

well thanks for your critique much appreciated.

regards

sergio
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-15-2007, 03:46 AM

Smile Re: Your critique pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyRaphael View Post
Your technique appears to be very good.

Some of the colors (to me) are a little too saturated and look unnatural, such as this one: http://www.pbase.com/sergio2263/image/81738880

This one is spot on: http://www.pbase.com/sergio2263/image/82109348/large
Hi Danny

thank you for your critique yes the first photo the lady with the hat that was my first attempt with this new colouring technique i will certain re colour her again when i am more better with my colouring i myself now can see the mistake if you say too saturated it is because she looks to pale and need more colour to her? i would appreciate your answer to this one if you don't mind.

2nd photo as i mentioned to Swampy i am in a dilemma i am more now as you've said the photo is spot on perhaps you are not seeing the eyes and teeth same colour as the skin as swampy is seeing because from my pc they both appear to be white so do i correct or do i just leave it please again can you tell me if in the photo eyes and teeth are white i need to know if you don't mind.

i wait and value your reply.

many thanks

cheers

sergio
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-20-2007, 09:57 AM

Nothing more to add here that has not been said by Danny and Dee Dee. I like Dee Dee's crop much better although your original crop reminds me of a magazine type image where they would put type on the left hand side of your picture.

Neal
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-21-2007, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesnapper View Post
Nothing more to add here that has not been said by Danny and Dee Dee. I like Dee Dee's crop much better although your original crop reminds me of a magazine type image where they would put type on the left hand side of your picture.

Neal
Hi Neal

thanks for your critique but i am at a total loss who is dee dee and what image and crop are you talking about pls could you be a bit more specific about your critique

much appreciated

many thanks

sergio
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-21-2007, 11:18 AM

I'm Dee Dee.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-23-2007, 02:38 AM

Smile Re: Your critique pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergio2263 View Post
Hi Neal

thanks for your critique but i am at a total loss who is dee dee and what image and crop are you talking about pls could you be a bit more specific about your critique

much appreciated

many thanks

sergio
Hi Neal

Now i know who dee dee is and what image you are talking about i don't crop peoples' images unless instructed to do so i tend to leave the image the way i received it i found some people are pretty emotional about the surrounding in their photographs as it remind them of peticular places and memories so for me i leave the photos intact where i am from people don't like changes and it always work well never a complaint remove background, freckles, pimples, moles and turn their faces into mannequin they will take it very personal indeed as when they look in the mirror and look at their photo on their wall they see two different people and they dislike that that's my experience i have done enough restorations to know.

regards

sergio
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques