RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Critiques The place to get serious, in-depth analysis and opinions of your work

Need critiques.

Old 01-02-2008, 05:58 PM

Re: Need critiques.

I have found some problems with the alignment of the text in the "about us" page and the "Pricing" page. I am using Firefox and Safari for my browsers. I don't have

I would try and use CSS text fields for these, I have found them to be compatible with Explorer, Firefox, and Safari. Rather than using tables. I would hate to see you redo your entire site because of that, hopefully you can use some inline CSS strings to insert the text...I really don't know a whole lot about it but I just search google for the code.

It is an issue that has to be fixed, and I would delete the ad's from the site, they are very unprofessional. To be honest If I was looking at your site I would close it without thinking about sending photo's to you, just based on the way the site was put together.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-03-2008, 01:24 AM

Hey ashkumar,
you should work on your photoshop skills. it seems like you retouch the skin with the gaussian blur. use dodge and burn. and read some tutorials on this site.

maybe you should read these books frome katrin eismann, too.

http://www.photoshopdiva.com/books.html

rob
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-03-2008, 09:43 PM

I think your retouch work is wonderful. Beautiful skins and rich colors. I have no knowledge of restoration work, so I can't comment on those.

Linda
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-04-2008, 12:42 AM

All comments are very helpful to improve my website & my skill.

I need more n more critique, so I can refine my site and services.

As all members suggesting me, I'm making change regularly.

please touch each and every corner of my work.

I'm looking for more hard critiques.

Ashkumar
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-05-2008, 08:09 AM

Re: Help to describe my work

Hi ashkumar,

honest opinion?
  • Most of the examples on your website are kind of small, so, it is difficult to really see the details of your work and, therefore, difficult to give an opinion on your skill level ...

• According to the "Guideline on Photo Restoration Ethics.pdf" I didn't see any 'restoration' at all on your site ...

(the moment you start adding details that weren't on the original:
    turban, colour, flowers, red dots on the forehead etc. what you did to the image becomes everything but a restoration!

• For what your retouching is concerned, I like the colour enhancements but I think you tend to an over smoothed/blurred skin which makes the features (eyes-eyebrows, nose-nostrils) look over sharpened ...

I magnified here the detail of one of the retouched images from your site to point out other things that should be corrected: 2008_ Jan_ 000.jpg

1= skin (over blurred, yet still blotchy).
2= 'hot pixels' and other imperfections which haven't been corrected.
3= shiny spots completely ignored.

That said, I think you are on the right track ... but, in your place, I wouldn't rush things, but take my time to learn and practice a bit more...
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-05-2008, 02:42 PM

your on the right start. But your overdoing the skin by bluring it to get rid of blemishes. Go grab your self a copy of GQ, VOGUE, study the ads, look at how they still keep detail, avoid using the blur tool to get rid of blemishes. In real life is our skin blury? NO. So why would you use a tool made to blur, on skin in your photos?
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-06-2008, 12:13 AM

Thank u Flora,

I want to cover each and every aspects for retouching and restoration.

I will correct the problems u defined. If u can help to train for restoration and retouching I'll surprise.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-06-2008, 11:13 PM

Hello olbaldy,

You told me to have meta tag for my site to be in the listing of search engines. Actually I don't know enough for it. please guide me to setup it.
I'll be thankful to tou.

Ashish
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-06-2008, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkumar View Post
Hello olbaldy,

You told me to have meta tag for my site to be in the listing of search engines. Actually I don't know enough for it. please guide me to setup it.
I'll be thankful to tou.

Ashish
If you want the best traffic performance for your webpage, try looking up "SEO" in Google. I don't even bother putting my name on webpages I've made anymore, I just load the meta data full of references to my site

A touch more classy imo, and also helps me know if my customers are referring me.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-07-2008, 06:21 AM

Hi again ashkumar,

For what restoration is concerned, beside the 'Guideline on Photo Restoration Ethics' i've inserted in my previous post, here are some tips I've collected along the way ... (just wait till the page is fully loaded and it will take you directly to the post)

To start, here and here you'll find two great tutorials on how best tackle photo restoration.

Here is a tutorial on correcting different problems in a 'natural' way... and here is a Tutorial on enhancing faded details.

And if you have a problem that's not covered in these Tutorials, just ask and, if possible, we'll be glad to help

For retouching, portrait retouching, skin improving, have a look at these sites to see what a naturally improved skin should look like: 1 and 2...

Here is a great Tutorial on skin improving .... and again .... we are here if you need further help or are stuck with a problem...
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques