RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Critiques The place to get serious, in-depth analysis and opinions of your work

Beauty retouch try.

Old 05-06-2008, 01:12 AM

Beauty retouch try.

Hi.
This is my first post on this forum. I am wrking in Photoshop and photography from a while, and trying to get something good from my works.
Here is a little try. Make in my home studio with just a few blendas and top light. Then a little Photoshop work with levels, curves, then some glamour skin work, then again some levels and curves. If You think about strange color skin -> i like it so it is as it is .
I will be glad, if U drop any comments.

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/7...ort9263qo2.jpg

Thanks.

(Ps, anybody knows how to post a file that is more than 100kb?)
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-06-2008, 02:43 PM
Patron

Re: Beauty retouch try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberek View Post
This is my first post on this forum. I am wrking in Photoshop and photography from a while,

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/7...ort9263qo2.jpg

(Ps, anybody knows how to post a file that is more than 100kb?)
Cyberek, welcome to RetouchPRO! Nice to have you aboard and hope you enjoy.

I can't comment on your picture 'cause you said shut up 'bout the color, and there is no before to compare to

This image will certainly fit using "Save for Web" under File or (Alt+Shft+Ctrl+S) and follow instructions as outlined in the links below in my Sig.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-06-2008, 03:03 PM

0lBaldy thanks for advices. So this my second try to post correctly. This time, i have used more control over color of the skin, so it looks less red, and more natural (imho). Feel free to stick up all my mistakes .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg original.jpg (97.6 KB, 112 views)
File Type: jpg after.jpg (95.6 KB, 116 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-06-2008, 04:37 PM
Patron

When you changed the tone of the picture you seem to have lost hair detail and the whites of the eyes look very bright.. I used a very rough mask just to show how I brought back the original hair and whiteness of the eyes using the mask on the original over your fix, also extended the mask to lighten the shadows on top of the shoulder

If you want the hair darker then just work on the hair on a separate layer (masked) and try to keep as much detail as possible

~~Your Fix~~masked Orig~Mask details
Attached Images
File Type: jpg after.jpg (95.6 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg Untitled-1.jpg (82.7 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg mask.jpg (85.3 KB, 29 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-11-2008, 01:14 AM

Ok, so as U inspired me a little, heres my try of things that U suggested .

I have created a liminescence mask (selection) from B channel, then copied original image over all correcionts, then added created mask to it.
After that a little work on levels of the mask, so it's contrast increased a lot (reveals only hairs, some of clothes and dark parts of face).
After that, i also corrected eyes a little, so now they looks more realistic.

So in attachmetns: final image + mask.

I would be greatful for any comments and advices .

Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg after2.jpg (96.8 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg after2_mask.jpg (89.9 KB, 24 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-11-2008, 09:21 AM

Hi Cyberek. I am a brand new member and this is my first post so I hope it goes well.

I like your photo a lot. I didn't see the over-redness in the first image, though that is probably just due to disparities in monitor calibration. You did a beautiful job retouching her but to me it seems her skin is just a little to soft and smooth. Would it be possible to add just a tiny bit of texture back in there? This, of course, is certainly just personal opinion and taste. If you are interested, though, I have method I recently began using that I would gladly share with you.

-J
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-11-2008, 04:54 PM

Jaysen - i would be very greatfull, if You could write some about the method. Till now, the only one that i think works, is to use pores texture from hi res image, but i havent got time to try this out... but maybe there is a easiest way... hope yours is
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-18-2008, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberek View Post
Jaysen - i would be very greatfull, if You could write some about the method. Till now, the only one that i think works, is to use pores texture from hi res image, but i havent got time to try this out... but maybe there is a easiest way... hope yours is
Cyberek - Try this. It involves a little bit of blur, which I'm sure many people on here will caution you about, me included, although I think this may be worth your time to try. I picked this up from Christy Schuler's website, however it doesn't appear to be posted there any longer. Anyway, let me know how it works for you and shoot me an email at the address I PMed to you if you have any further questions. After today it will be very difficult for me to check RetouchPro for the next several months. Good luck!

1. After fixing major blemishes via whatever method you prefer to use, make a composite layer and select the skin using the eye dropper under Color Range.

2. Command+J to put this selection on its own "skin" layer and make sure you didn't pick up any areas that are not the skin you want to retain the texture on.

3. Command+J again to copy this layer. Now you have two "skin" layers. Name the top one "texture" and the bottom one "blur". I know, blur.

4. On the blur layer add a surface blur. On an image that is approximately 8"x5.5" @ 300ppi, my surface blur settings were about 30 and 27. This will obviously be subjective as it depends on your file and your taste. Anyway, overblurring is ok because you'll likely adjust the opacity to a relatively low percentage.

5. On the texture layer add a high pass filter. On the file described in the last step, my filter setting was about 4.0.

6. Set the blending mode on the texture layer to soft light and adjust the opacity to your liking.

Hope this helps. Please let me know what you think or if you have any suggestions to add or provide alternative method.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-24-2008, 12:17 PM

Just giving it a shot at trying to follow the rules and insert at jpg of the correct size. Here goes:
[ATTACH]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg flower-thumbnail.jpg (91.7 KB, 23 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-24-2008, 12:19 PM

Looks like it might have worked
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques