RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Critiques The place to get serious, in-depth analysis and opinions of your work

Retouch

Old 05-15-2008, 03:11 AM

Retouch

Well im kinda new to retouching and still want to improve my skills in its art so please critique my work - and maybe give me some hints about improving it

http://b33.grono.net/72/216/gallery-53238528.jpg
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-16-2008, 11:46 AM

Re: Retouch

another picture - please coment and advice me how to improve my skills

http://digart.img.digart.pl/data/img...ad/1910657.jpg
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-16-2008, 04:49 PM

I like them both, nice job..
The only thing i have to comment on is the final skin, it could be a little better.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-17-2008, 05:16 AM

Hi and welcome .
Nice job on both photos... u have removed all blemish on her skin, color and contrast also fit, and makes photos looks a lot better. One thing, that is wrong in my taste is work done on nails in first picture. They looks almost flat... Maybe try diffrent blending mode, or reduce opacity a little bit, so some more of original light and shadows of them will come to your's wersion .
And at the end... greetings from Poland .
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-17-2008, 06:24 AM

Hi Super Szymek:

I am not a moderator or a patron, but I think, cause I posted the pic, you have to consider the following:

I have been looking your site (retouch) and I can see that you inclose a pic who I posted at the forum to practice with. I can see how you credit your retouch but I can´t see the photographers credit.

The right way is ask to the member who post the pic for photographers permission and his (in this case "her") name to credit in the same way you do with your work. It will contribute to improve the forum. If someone have a pic to post, this kind of actions doesn´t helps too much.

You have permission and the photographers name is "Mayte Villares". Please, don´t do it again.

I hope you understand the meaning of my words. The best from Madrid...JavierT
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-17-2008, 01:04 PM

There are also fotos posted by pixelzombie and insensitive. Hope you have their permission, too....
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-17-2008, 01:32 PM

Either remove the photo or credit Shinobi Muhhamed For the retouch youve done with the african american model that you gave purple and white hair. Or i will personally make sure that he looks into it. And thanks Amica.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-17-2008, 05:32 PM
Patron

Just a reminder...
From FAQ's

What about Copyrights and Likeness Rights?
This isn't a legal guide, just a brief summary about posting here. We aim to follow United States copyright and likeness rights laws, and it's your responsibility to make sure your uploaded images are within those laws. If in doubt, check http://www.copyright.gov.
Copyrighted images cannot be posted without explicit permission from the copyright owner. "Someone put it up on the web" does NOT count as explicit permission.

Public domain images can be posted (this usually means at least 70 years old, or formally released into the public domain by the copyright owner) assuming you have permission of anyone recognizable in the image (or their estate if they have been dead less than 50 years).

Images you own can be posted by you if you have permission of anyone recognizable in the image. Posting your image here does not mean you surrender copyright, but it does mean you give permission for other users to retouch the image and upload here, unless you explicitly state otherwise at the time of uploading.

Images you don't own can be posted if permission is explicitly given by both the owner of the image and any recognizable person in the image.

Celebrity images or random images from Google or anywhere else on the internet cannot be posted unless explicit permission from both the photographer and the subject has been obtained.

Changing a copyrighted image in any way does not remove it from copyright.

Pieces of copyrighted images, no matter how small, retain their copyright and all the same rules apply.

"Fair use" and parody protection are problematic to define, but to be safe lets assume neither apply here.

You are responsible for obtaining any necessary permissions for images you upload, and you are liable should anyone choose to enforce their copyright or likeness rights.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-18-2008, 02:56 AM

Realy realy sorry about the copywrights - its just a mistake i always add the photograpf name under the picture on description (u can see it here: www.szymonsobanski.digart.pl) my "web page" is kinda new and i forgot that there is no discription (just added the same fotoes and forgot about them) realy soory - mistake is fixed now - it wont happen again

Sz
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-18-2008, 03:40 AM

Every thing is ok.

This is simple: Be or try to be a Pro involve many things. Copyright is only one, but not less important.

I have a pre-book ready to show in my future web, but I haven´t used it, cause I was waiting for the photographers permission, and.....I´ve Got it, just only two weeks ago.

Super-szymek, thanks, I have seen you have changed the credits in your site, Insensitive´s pic too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by super_szymek View Post
Realy realy sorry about the copywrights - its just a mistake i always add the photograpf name under the picture on description (u can see it here: www.szymonsobanski.digart.pl) my "web page" is kinda new and i forgot that there is no discription (just added the same fotoes and forgot about them) realy soory - mistake is fixed now - it wont happen again

Sz
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques