RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Critiques The place to get serious, in-depth analysis and opinions of your work

Beauty retouch

Old 11-12-2008, 06:45 PM

Re: Beauty retouch

Ok Chris, It's only your second posting and your already insulting people. The vast majority of members here are nice people and they genuinely try to help the member who posted the critique or asked for help. Whether they agree or disagree with the help offered is up to them, at least they try to reply in 'diplomatic' manner that dosn't insult the people that tried to help them, after all that's what this forum is all about.
Then somebody like you comes along (unfortunatley) who's obviously on an ego trip and thinks his opinion and work is better than anybody elses. Iv'e looked at your work and while it's good IMO it's no better than any average 'pro' photographer, you say 'modesty' is the key here, well in your case try a little 'diplomacy'.
Finally, how about getting down from your ego trip and putting your money where your big mouth is and show all these 'amateurs' how you would do it!!!

Oh! by the way, have a nice day (see I can be nice to )

Last edited by bazza64; 11-12-2008 at 09:28 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-13-2008, 03:04 AM

Hi Bazza!

I appreciate your diplomatic answer, but unfortunately i dont agree with you on this one.
Another thing is that you start with mentioning my numbers of post, what has that to do with it?
So i guess if it was my reply nbr 2000 or something, it would be "accepted"?
Remember, the amount of post in here, isn not equal the real life skills ;-)
I could have shown the "amateurs" how to do it, but that has Laura done already quite well...
Dont fix it if it aint broken, remember? and thats exactly my whole point here...

What got me of here was that obviously some pros in here (im not referring to all) are trying to mislead a talented 14 year old girl to learn worse skills... thats what i would call insulting.

You see the problem with forums like these (sorry, i misread the title on this one "Retouch Pro" and thought it was for pros, my mistake) is that there are always some amateurs that are trying to act like pros all the time, and cant refrain from posting critics, cause they simply HAVE to find anything wrong in other peoples work, critiques is a good thing, but then you should know what youre talking about before you start posting suggestions for improvement, or/and examples of that.

If you are annoyed by a "rookie" like me, im sorry!

No we are way of topic here, so if you got something more on your chest, you can PM me, and im more than happy to have friendly conversation about this, as i dont think its proper to continue this any longer in this thread ;-)

Have a nice day to!
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-13-2008, 05:06 PM

Erg mooi hoor!
Wow...I wish I'd had your talent at 14. Wait, photoshop wasn't even invented then...hmmmm, neither was the desktop computer come to think of it. *Cough*
Seriously, I think your skills are excellent and you have a great career ahead of you in creative graphics if you want it.
I bet the model is pleased!
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-14-2008, 10:47 PM

What point don't you agree on Chris? that you did insult everyone that tried to help Laura, or my comment that I think your just an average 'pro' photographer.( I class myself as average).
Let me make it quite clear for you Chris, I think that for her age Laura has done a terrific job, but it is not perfect, even Laura has acknowledged that there are 'minor' mods that can be done, if you had read her replies you would have seen that.

If you can't see those needed 'minor' mods, it makes me wonder what level of expertise, skills, experience etc, you have as a retoucher. You state in your last reply that there are amateurs that act like pro's!! well maybe you should put yourself in that class!!!!

I don't think anybody in this forum would agree with your distorted view that " some pro's in here are trying to mislead a talented 14 yr old girl to learn worse skills".
Chris... 'WHAT A LOAD OF FROGSH.T)'.... your still insulting people, you just don't learn do you?
Is that another point you don't agree on?

As far as your reply "I could have shown amateurs how to do it etc," anybody reading this would form the same opinion I have, 'WHAT A COPOUT'. I issue the same challenge
again, Put your money where your mouth is and show us 'amateurs' how to do it..no excuses!!!...if you have the courage to, you never know, you just might teach us something. (be warned!! if you do post...it will be examined pixel by pixel ).

One thing we do agree on(surprise, surprise) is that we are way of topic here, and no! I didn't want to PM you, I felt that any 'newbies' or younger members reading this are not put of from posting their opinions or help, that they are welcome, and should be treated with respect, whether we agree with them or not, and not have to put up with insulting remarks like yours, it dosn't matter whether it's the "2nd or 2000nd" reply, IMO it's not acceptable. Were here to help each other.

Regards,
Barry.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-15-2008, 01:43 AM

Wow Barry!
You got way to much time on your hands!

My point is, dont post suggestions or examples if your not up to noticeably better suggestions.
In this case, i havent done either, or stated my own grade of skills, just reacted to some of the previous misinforming posts in this thread.

Im not going to hijack this thread by continuing this discussion any longer.

I rest my case!

Have a nice day down under .
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-15-2008, 07:33 AM

Yes i have got time on my hands Chris, I'm retired.

I see you didn't take up my challenge, and by your own statement you havn't got skill to do it anyway, I imagine other members reading this will see you for what you are, somebody with a big mouth who put their even bigger foot in it and hasn't got the courage to back it up.
I rest my case!!
And like wise have a nice day.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-15-2008, 07:38 AM

Is this a competition for you or something???

Whatever makes you sleep at night Barry....

This is my last post here.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-15-2008, 07:41 AM

No it's not a competition Chris.
All i'm trying to do is make you realise that you can't insult people and expect to get away with it.

I can't speak for the others but I would like an apology, lets see if your man enough to do that and then we can get on with what this forum is all about, helping each other.

Last edited by bazza64; 11-15-2008 at 11:51 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-17-2008, 10:07 PM

yeah! that's a good job!
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-18-2008, 03:23 AM

LAURA - You've made a good start on that image.

You have unfortunately been given a few items of bad advice, "Face is too red, or shoulder is too yellow." - a little, but it would be a bad move to correct this out completely, to have some distinction on flesh tones is natural and you don't want to lose that. That red is her blusher. Overall the colour of the skin could do with a TINY bit less Cyan and Magenta though, you will find that this lightens the effect overall.

"Darken the background" - nope bad move. I do however thing that the lens vignetting effect where you have darkened the edges of the background is wrong, and adds an unwanted feeling of cheese to the image.

You could lighten the whites of the eyes very slightly (by slightly I mean VERY subtle). Theres nothing wrong with the smooth highlights, thats what make the image strong. You could however drop back the edge of her cheek very slightly where it connects with the background.

The highlight over the front of her hair is fine but needs to drop back more at a specific point on the right hand side if the image, because at the moment its too consistent a line. You also need to sort some of your hair retouching here.

If you have done the skin properly using dodge and burn, then a slight sharpening or High pass to bring up its texture (just skin) might be an idea?

Good start though

Last edited by Markzebra; 11-18-2008 at 03:28 AM.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques