RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Critiques The place to get serious, in-depth analysis and opinions of your work

Beauty retouch

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-18-2008, 06:01 AM
Laura_'s Avatar
Laura_ Laura_ is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 44
Beauty retouch

http://fc03.deviantart.com/fs30/f/20...hingsMagic.png
I really don't like it and I don't know why, I hope you can tell me something. Please notice again that my English is really bad (so say it easy) 'cause I'm Dutch and I'm 14.
Reply With Quote top
  #2  
Old 06-18-2008, 06:33 AM
JD Spears JD Spears is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 155
Re: Beauty retouch

Beautiful job! The retouching, that is. Just a quick tip to the photographer; bring the light in closer to the model. "The larger the light in relation to the distance from the subject the softer the quality of light" Dean Collins. I know your not the photographer, I just had to get that off my chest. Personally, I would just make it a little brighter and go in tight and fade some veins in the eyes.
Great job though. If it wasn't for Photoshop and talent like yours that image would have to go in the can.
JD
Reply With Quote top
  #3  
Old 06-18-2008, 06:41 AM
Laura_'s Avatar
Laura_ Laura_ is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 44
Re: Beauty retouch

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Spears View Post
Beautiful job! The retouching, that is. Just a quick tip to the photographer; bring the light in closer to the model. "The larger the light in relation to the distance from the subject the softer the quality of light" Dean Collins. I know your not the photographer, I just had to get that off my chest. Personally, I would just make it a little brighter and go in tight and fade some veins in the eyes.
Great job though. If it wasn't for Photoshop and talent like yours that image would have to go in the can.
JD
Yes, I don't know what the photographer was thinking either. Wich photographer takes this model for a beauty shoot and gave her no make-up? Can you explain "fade some veins in the eyes"?
Reply With Quote top
  #4  
Old 06-18-2008, 06:52 AM
JD Spears JD Spears is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 155
Re: Beauty retouch

The tiny veins in the whites of her eyes are a little distracting and make her look a little tired. I'd get rid of them but not to the point that it would look unnatural.
Reply With Quote top
  #5  
Old 06-18-2008, 06:58 AM
Laura_'s Avatar
Laura_ Laura_ is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 44
Re: Beauty retouch

Oh, thanks I didn't noticed that.
Reply With Quote top
  #6  
Old 06-18-2008, 12:28 PM
Gonzaga Gonzaga is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 18
Re: Beauty retouch

I almost feel stupid to say anything else but "WOW" to the work of that quality done by a 14 year old girl. In fact there isn't a lot to criticize here. I would just brighten the midtones a bit to make her face shine a bit more. You can also equalize the dark tones above her right eye a bit - really minor.

Awesome work - I'm once again impressed.

Cheers ... Andreas.
Reply With Quote top
  #7  
Old 06-19-2008, 01:55 AM
Laura_'s Avatar
Laura_ Laura_ is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 44
Re: Beauty retouch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzaga View Post
I almost feel stupid to say anything else but "WOW" to the work of that quality done by a 14 year old girl. In fact there isn't a lot to criticize here. I would just brighten the midtones a bit to make her face shine a bit more. You can also equalize the dark tones above her right eye a bit - really minor.

Awesome work - I'm once again impressed.

Cheers ... Andreas.
Thank you
If I did this for a client, I would follow your advice. But I'm a litlle lazy right now xD
Reply With Quote top
  #8  
Old 06-19-2008, 04:11 AM
Live the Lie's Avatar
Live the Lie Live the Lie is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: San antonio, Tx
Posts: 32
Re: Beauty retouch

you have done an excellent job so far. I agree about the veins and what everyone has said so far. The bright light on the right side by her head is a little distracting. The cheek has a highlight that stops more abruptly, and since the rest of the image is smooth it is slightly unbalanced. The highlights in the hair, maybe just one one side, need to be brought down by a touch since this contrast is leading your eye there, instead of on her eyes. But that is just nit picky stuff. Honestly i don't think anyone would care otherwise. Very impressive job, and i like the layout of your website.
Reply With Quote top
  #9  
Old 06-19-2008, 03:16 PM
Laura_'s Avatar
Laura_ Laura_ is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 44
Re: Beauty retouch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live the Lie View Post
you have done an excellent job so far. I agree about the veins and what everyone has said so far. The bright light on the right side by her head is a little distracting. The cheek has a highlight that stops more abruptly, and since the rest of the image is smooth it is slightly unbalanced. The highlights in the hair, maybe just one one side, need to be brought down by a touch since this contrast is leading your eye there, instead of on her eyes. But that is just nit picky stuff. Honestly i don't think anyone would care otherwise. Very impressive job, and i like the layout of your website.
Yes, I've noticed the light before but..
abruptly? slightly unbalanced? I feel really stupid
Thank you, thank you.
Reply With Quote top
  #10  
Old 06-19-2008, 03:22 PM
stopa's Avatar
stopa stopa is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Poland, Warszawa
Posts: 133
Re: Beauty retouch

Laura. Good job. Face is to red, or shoulder is to yellow. Flip the image if you are tired of staring on it.
Reply With Quote top
Reply

  RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New beauty retouching book online grygarness Photo Retouching 70 08-20-2010 08:10 PM
First post for maternity retouch.. kerl Photo Retouching 15 02-26-2009 09:44 AM
Beauty retouch try. Cyberek Critiques 11 06-01-2008 01:11 AM
First Post - Glare from Sun retouch needed vidoprof Photo Retouching 8 01-31-2008 07:35 AM
beauty retouch yelhsaneerg Critiques 4 01-29-2008 06:15 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2016 Doug Nelson. All Rights Reserved