RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Critiques The place to get serious, in-depth analysis and opinions of your work

Beloved older daughter

Old 03-27-2009, 04:25 PM

Beloved older daughter

Her name is: "Mouza", which means "Banana", i know it is funny but this name is so popular in my country.

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/5308/a0001203.jpg

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/1563/a0001205.jpg

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/9708/a0001206.jpg
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-28-2009, 01:53 AM

Re: Beloved older daughter

1. Id like to see a hint of what her elbows on.

2.Good hairlight here. Honest smile.

I don’t know why, but #3 connects with me. Something about it. Its got a soft power to it. Really good here, everything looks good to me.

Good shoots Tareq, and beautiful daughter.

-Keven
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-28-2009, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by igot2pman View Post
1. Id like to see a hint of what her elbows on.

2.Good hairlight here. Honest smile.

I don’t know why, but #3 connects with me. Something about it. Its got a soft power to it. Really good here, everything looks good to me.

Good shoots Tareq, and beautiful daughter.

-Keven
Thank you very much, Kevenn!

1. Nothing, just her elbow on the air or space.

2. Good.

I will do my best all the time, still i can't see my lighting skill is improving much, but i will keep going.

-Tareq
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-30-2009, 07:08 PM

I agree with Kevin, #3 is my fav. I realize I am probably a minority of one on this site, but I do not like the idea of blurred skin on family and loved ones. I am the first to remove blemishes and skin discolorations, and I will use D&B to create tension in any image. But pores and little wrinkles are part of who we are. They give the rest of us subconscious feedback about the health of the individual. Like I say, most people will completely disagree with me, but I prefer not to leave a family member thinking that I do not consider them to be beautiful.

Rick
RickAllenPhoto.com
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-31-2009, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 226178 View Post
I agree with Kevin, #3 is my fav. I realize I am probably a minority of one on this site, but I do not like the idea of blurred skin on family and loved ones. I am the first to remove blemishes and skin discolorations, and I will use D&B to create tension in any image. But pores and little wrinkles are part of who we are. They give the rest of us subconscious feedback about the health of the individual. Like I say, most people will completely disagree with me, but I prefer not to leave a family member thinking that I do not consider them to be beautiful.

Rick
RickAllenPhoto.com
you are right, i think i should keep family and kids photos natural as they are, just i have many shots of my kids natural skin but didn't get much comments, only beautiful and cute little beauty, so i was thinking i do something different to them like skin smoothing or use make-up or whatever to get different comments, but i think i should stop that and better i shoot them in their natural look and normal behave, still they have long time before they grow up and then become different models.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-31-2009, 08:08 PM

Just to be complete, I adjust images of friends and family, but I am careful about the degree of my retouching on those portraits. I think you understood me clearly from your response. My opinion especially about teenagers is that they are already so sensitive to body image concerns, that I try very hard to make them feel good about themselves. Removing pimples is perfectly acceptable, because these are not permanent statements of kid's faces. I would never want my daughter thinking that her dad thought she wasn't beautiful - whether or not her photos got 1 or a million comments on any website. I posted a podcast on this topic that you might find interesting.

Rick
RickAllenPhoto.com
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-01-2009, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 226178 View Post
Just to be complete, I adjust images of friends and family, but I am careful about the degree of my retouching on those portraits. I think you understood me clearly from your response. My opinion especially about teenagers is that they are already so sensitive to body image concerns, that I try very hard to make them feel good about themselves. Removing pimples is perfectly acceptable, because these are not permanent statements of kid's faces. I would never want my daughter thinking that her dad thought she wasn't beautiful - whether or not her photos got 1 or a million comments on any website. I posted a podcast on this topic that you might find interesting.

Rick
RickAllenPhoto.com
Thanks!

I understand it, and i don't have any problems, i showed many photos of my daughters to them and they like it all even bad lighting, so i like that with little better lighting even not perfect but that make-up or any retouching skin making it better look, so when they will grow they will see how different are they when they were young, and i feel they will love those photos where they are retouched more than natural look, maybe not now but when they will be in 18+.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques