RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Critiques The place to get serious, in-depth analysis and opinions of your work

Beginner's Extreme Retouch. Critiques Encouraged

Old 04-09-2009, 08:00 AM

Re: Beginner's Extreme Retouch. Critiques Encourag

hi i appreciate that you probably tried really hard etc. but you took it too far.

this is an insult to the woman on the picture.
the before and after seems a bit pointless since its not the same person any more.

you enhance what is already good and disguise the things that is not so good. you do not CHANGE them.

as for the actual retouch, there is some comments enclosed. lets pretend i am your annoying client cause my comments are pretty much what you can expect to hear... nothing personal.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 17-100.jpg (83.8 KB, 150 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-09-2009, 09:14 AM

Camilla, I appreciate that you took the time to express your opinion at all. I don't take it personally. That kind of critique is exactly what I invited, so I'm not gonna freak when I get it. I do admit that there are some things about what you said that either don't understand, or don't agree with. But there are things that you said that I do understand and agree with. I'm gonna look at my image hard with your criticisms and I appreciate them.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-09-2009, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioRetouchPRO View Post
Camilla, I appreciate that you took the time to express your opinion at all. I don't take it personally. That kind of critique is exactly what I invited, so I'm not gonna freak when I get it. I do admit that there are some things about what you said that either don't understand, or don't agree with. But there are things that you said that I do understand and agree with. I'm gonna look at my image hard with your criticisms and I appreciate them.

best of luck!! xx
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-14-2009, 12:22 AM

uh, the criticisms are insane. this picture is pretty much near perfect. and as far as people being so sensitive about what you did- wake up. that's the the world of art and fashion. do you think celebrities and models look the same in real life as they do on the covers of magazines? get real.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-15-2009, 06:20 AM

Amazing work and skill shown, I wont harp on about it looking like another person but the work is great !
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-16-2009, 11:58 PM

The level of detail it took to accomplish the finished product was outstanding. Better to achieve that level of competence and understand the requirement may be to "tone it down" a notch than to not have the ability to do what you are capable of. You'll find your niche.

Outstanding work
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-17-2009, 06:19 AM

I also don't agree with some of Camilla's markups. I think the source material is not that great, so its NEVER going to look perfect. So looking at it purely as an excercise in reshaping -

Reshaping has certainly been done with a fair degree of talent. Sure its not perfect, I think there is room to look at the forehead, its not right on some way, and her tits and back are too "cartoon" slightly. But these are fairly minor criticisms, it always helps to get a fresh eye, and LISTEN, which is what you are doing. The face shape I would leave as you've done it.

I real life, for real work, you would rarely be asked to do anything this severe, as far as reshaping goes. Most professional models have the basics, although some do have slight squints and that type of thing that are routinely corrected.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-17-2009, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markzebra View Post
I also don't agree with some of Camilla's markups. I think the source material is not that great, so its NEVER going to look perfect. So looking at it purely as an excercise in reshaping -

maybe i was a bit harsh looking at it again. critiques was encouraged so. ehm. yeah. SORRY!

maybe its worth getting something a bit more realistic to practice your work on as well... you have proven to us that you can reshape and mold people. how about focusing more on the skin and its textures, the colors, the light etc. see if you can find a suitable picture somewhere (?)

you sure got talent and like markzebra is saying, you will rarely be asked to do such a dramatic job anyway.
keep practicing photoshop and i'll practice on internet politeness...
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-13-2010, 05:23 AM

great work
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-17-2010, 05:20 AM

You're all correct but in different respect. I admire Mario's courage to take all the comments anyway. Excellent work!
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques