RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Critiques The place to get serious, in-depth analysis and opinions of your work

Beauty Retouch

Old 05-06-2009, 01:28 PM
Patron

Re: Beauty Retouch

I think you did a great job... just have one a small suggestion which you can accept or reject as it is a matter of individual prefference... the teeth seem to draw my eye right to them... soooo..
Attached Images
File Type: gif lips_teeth_A.gif (150.3 KB, 49 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-07-2009, 05:22 AM

Because heavy-handed retouchers are a dime-a-dozen (just type retouch on youtube), it seems lately that the more realistic and subtle it is, the more you get paid. It's so easy to push it too far -- restraint was much harder for me to learn, and I still struggle with it. I just want to make them look SO good! I hate holding back! Sometimes I secretly download one of the lipstick forum girls and do a super-heavy handed retouch just to get it out of my system. It's a dark secret of mine.

I don't think I worded one of my questions clearly enough. When I asked were you taught by a book or by a website, I meant did you learn what you know from a particular website/forum/post? I think most if not all of us are self taught -- I've never come across a retouching class. Probably most of us have learned from online resources, so I was asking you what yours are. Obviously this retouching forum is one place you've learned from. Actually, it's where I've learned almost everything I know -- except for the occasional high quality video tutorial I come across!
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-07-2009, 05:55 AM

Speaking of high quality tutorials, I just noticed you've got some great ones on your deviant art page.

Nice work! Now excuse me while I go read them all. I'm addicted to tutorials.

Last edited by mikedimples; 05-07-2009 at 06:04 AM. Reason: thought OP was someone else
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-07-2009, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedimples View Post
Because heavy-handed retouchers are a dime-a-dozen (just type retouch on youtube), it seems lately that the more realistic and subtle it is, the more you get paid. It's so easy to push it too far -- restraint was much harder for me to learn, and I still struggle with it. I just want to make them look SO good! I hate holding back! Sometimes I secretly download one of the lipstick forum girls and do a super-heavy handed retouch just to get it out of my system. It's a dark secret of mine.

I don't think I worded one of my questions clearly enough. When I asked were you taught by a book or by a website, I meant did you learn what you know from a particular website/forum/post? I think most if not all of us are self taught -- I've never come across a retouching class. Probably most of us have learned from online resources, so I was asking you what yours are. Obviously this retouching forum is one place you've learned from. Actually, it's where I've learned almost everything I know -- except for the occasional high quality video tutorial I come across!
Well, The one thing that really got me boosted lately was the D&B tutorial here on RP.

Beside that? All me. I am inspired by, say. Natalia ^^. But other than that - nothing. There arent that many good retouching tutorials out there.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques