RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Critiques The place to get serious, in-depth analysis and opinions of your work

new work

Old 11-12-2009, 04:45 AM

new work

Hi all!
This is a selection from my latest job for Avon.

Sinisa
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Re_pro01.jpg (78.0 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg Avon_222.jpg (64.1 KB, 61 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-12-2009, 07:48 AM

Re: new work

Mine you, I'm an industrial photographer and not a fashion photographer. I like the full face shot & the lipstick shot. I do feel that in the lipstick shot, the shadow across the teeth is a bit harsh and distracts. Also the lipstick itsself seems a bit muddy, maybe more saturation especially in the shadow areas. The lipstick also looks dull. the lips are shiny and glossy - it seems to me if the lipstick is making them look that way, way isn't the lipstick glossy looking?
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-12-2009, 11:13 AM

thanks for your comment. the red colour of the lips and lipstick had to stay within the gamut. this is a product shot and there were guidelines, it had to be realistic. plus i dislike images with oversaturated colours just for the sake of it, especially effects achieved with saturation slider.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-12-2009, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinisa View Post
thanks for your comment. the red colour of the lips and lipstick had to stay within the gamut. this is a product shot and there were guidelines, it had to be realistic. plus i dislike images with oversaturated colours just for the sake of it, especially effects achieved with saturation slider.
I think I may have phrase my response poorly. I do understand about the need to keep it withing gamut and within the colors of the product. I'm saying that say the color on the upper lip is very bright & rich looking. Perhaps the color on the top of the lipstick should somewhat match that luminosity. There is a highlight on the lipstick that is inline with the reflection on the lipstick holder; however, this reflections mutes the colors and seems as though it should be brighter or at least make the lipstick look glossy like it is on the lips. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a great shot.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-12-2009, 01:22 PM

Very nice shots. I have a couple of comments on the lipstick shot. I would expect the lipstick coming out of the holder to be more glossy. There is a strange texture to the skin where it meets the lip line (could be compression issues with the finer skin texture). The metal lipstick holder is distracting in its darkness and stark highlight.

I hope you don't mind the comments. I really like the shots. Also, your website has some very nice images.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques