RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Critiques The place to get serious, in-depth analysis and opinions of your work

My first retouch

Old 08-27-2010, 04:24 PM

My first retouch

Dear people, this is my first retouch and i would like you to help me and give me your opinion!! Thanks!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/synth_1...0494/lightbox/
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-09-2010, 11:46 AM

Re: My first retouch

I´m sorry, the link was not working, I post it again.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/synth_1...3545/lightbox/

Please help me with your critiques! Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-09-2010, 05:19 PM
Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by synth101 View Post
Dear people, this is my first retouch and i would like you to help me and give me your opinion!! Thanks!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/synth_1...0494/lightbox/
Welcome to RetouchPRO Hope you enjoy your stay here and make lots of friends. Poke around, ask questions, take part in some of the discussions, challenges, etc., offer help, have fun!

To insure threads remains useful in the future, regardless of external links always attach an under 100K version of your picture in the thread, unless prohibited by copyright... If you want to post a larger resolution that is over 100K then you can host your image elsewhere and attach a link in the thread as you did here.

You can post up to 5 fairly large pictures which are under 100k using the 'save for web' function in Photoshop for each of them as described here: Size, Quality and/or Format your Attached Images.. (Click here)

How to attach Files/Images to your Posts or Threads: (Click here)

It looks like you have done a ton of work on this picture .. getting rid of cross hairs, adding hair strands removing/softening shadows, getting rid of stray hairs, removing imperfections on the face etc... Very tedious and excellent work thus far!

The problem with such a multitude of work... is there needs to be a break away from the picture for awhile for your eyes.... come back to the picture at a later time after the eyes rest.. maybe a couple hours or another day even..

You are off to a great start and have corrected things almost seamlessly

If you want this picture to be all it can be, there is still a lot of work left to do for you

The hair in her eye on your right
the shadow which is left above the eye should follow the hair that is casting the shadow and be extended and be lightened and blended/softened to match the other side of the face shadows or as an alternative, the light areas to the left of the shadow should be darkened to signify there are no gaps in the hair for the light to show through then maybe the shadow should be be lightened and blended/softened to match the other side of the face shadows
the tips of the hair left on her chest after your removal should be lightened to match the rest of the ends
Soften or remove the bra shadow
the cross hairs coming from her forearm should be removed
the shirt should be more delineated from the background by lightening either it or the background to create some separation

These are just a few things I noticed...

With your apparent attention to detail I am sure that if you let this image and your eyes rest for awhile and come back to it you can easily spot a lot more things you could do to make this picture Rock

One of the hazards of retouching is that there is either ALWAYS something else to do on the picture or something to do different or maybe a little better! smoother lips, more sparkle to the eyes, gloss on the lips, eye shadow, rouge, eyebrows, oops there is a cross hair I missed... and on and on and on....

Did I mention ... In my opinion.. You have done a good job!
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-10-2010, 12:48 AM

I'm by no means a master at retouching, but the first thing I noticed was the eyes seem a bit 'over-brightened'. Other than that, it all looks fairly natural.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-12-2010, 11:03 PM

Thank you so much 0lBaldy. I went back to see my work after reading your comments and I noticed that you were right. I really appreciate your critiques and the time you spent, and changed some things in the image, like the shadows in her face, the hair in her shoulder, the light of the background, etc
Thanks for the tips too.
Now I post the new image and the link to the high res:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/synth_1...7260/lightbox/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg amagno.jpg (94.9 KB, 16 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-12-2010, 11:05 PM

Thank you tonybeam, I corrected the overbright of the eyes. Thanks for your comment =)
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques