Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Critiques The place to get serious, in-depth analysis and opinions of your work

one more,

Old 11-06-2010, 03:28 PM
one more,

I tried to create a room from scratch, I used some style effects to create the window frames. All the textures cromprising the room, not the photos, are made of hand made paper that I scanned. The window textures are on a separate layer so the lighting of the room and the view of the mountain can be adjusted. This my first attempt at creating lighting and shading from nothing. My intention was to make something look some what "photo-realistic". so all critiques are welcome
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dphotoreal.jpg (97.6 KB, 47 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-08-2010, 10:11 AM
Re: one more,

Its pretty good and obviously a lot of work!
It does however have a computer generated look - looks like a 3D game from the early 90s
One suggestion I have, is think about learning a 3d modelling app. An experienced 3D artist could get better results with less effort. I'm no expert with 3D apps, but I know the learning curve is steep.
--Shift Studio.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-08-2010, 09:52 PM
Smile Re: one more,

Yes shift, I agree with everything that you have said. If I had a 3d program, Heck, if I just used the 3d capabilities in photoshop I would have been better off.

however, I just wanted to test my skill set and illustrate my understanding of Photoshop. In a perfect world, I would have just used maya or 4d cinema and all the lighting and camera effects that come with a 3d package. I am currently interviewing with movie poster production house, and I wanted to show something completely differrent from what I usually do. I figured making something from scratch would show that I half way knew what I was doing.

I totally appreciate your feedback and it helps me figure out where I am in the game.

Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques