RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Critiques The place to get serious, in-depth analysis and opinions of your work

Please can I ask for your Critiques

Old 11-21-2010, 01:56 AM

Smile Please can I ask for your Critiques

Hello everyone,

Would love your critiques please good or bad just throw it to me. I've posted both the raw and editted versions i've wroked between photoshop and corel.

http://www.pbase.com/mstmart/image/130481947/original

http://www.pbase.com/mstmart/image/130481919

Many thanks in advance

My best wishes to all always

helen
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-25-2010, 10:03 AM

Re: Please can I ask for your Critiques

Helen - I like your original raw image. The single tree in the field afforded many other possibilities. There were so many directions you could have gone with this image that I'm surprised you only used the little girl. The tree being so perfectly formed and isolated, which is something, I myself, probably would have used in addition to the child. That said, the fantasy look that you decided to incorporated is certainly unique and well done. The colors are very warm and the image has a painterly look to it.

Her gaze seems to be looking lower than the frame corner, not at the little creature in the upper right. The creature also seems to be more pronounced and brighter than the rest of the image, However, being art, this is subjective and may have been your intent. A very slight vignette layer, darkening the outer edges may have been appropriate as well.

Regardless though, Bottom line . . . I like it.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-25-2010, 12:08 PM

Re: Please can I ask for your Critiques

Quote:
Originally Posted by LQQKER View Post
Helen - I like your original raw image. The single tree in the field afforded many other possibilities. There were so many directions you could have gone with this image that I'm surprised you only used the little girl. The tree being so perfectly formed and isolated, which is something, I myself, probably would have used in addition to the child. That said, the fantasy look that you decided to incorporated is certainly unique and well done. The colors are very warm and the image has a painterly look to it.

Her gaze seems to be looking lower than the frame corner, not at the little creature in the upper right. The creature also seems to be more pronounced and brighter than the rest of the image, However, being art, this is subjective and may have been your intent. A very slight vignette layer, darkening the outer edges may have been appropriate as well.

Regardless though, Bottom line . . . I like it.
Thank you for your detailed critiques it is much appreciated I agree with you about the original image I will also paint it but was experimenting with a fantasy style painting the little worm up the tree I do not like anymore and I feel it's one of the what not to do, I will put sunrays or a little bird for the little girl to look at. The original image is not mine it belong to a Photographer I am working with he is a great photographer and have wonderful photographs in his portfolio.

I shall show the final edit when finished.

Best wishes

helen
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques