Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Critiques The place to get serious, in-depth analysis and opinions of your work

New retoucher seeking critique... before/after

Old 06-29-2011, 12:29 PM
Re: New retoucher seeking critique... before/after

Originally Posted by Siciliana View Post
One more:

I realize I went overboard the first time, but I've tried adding a little color to the background and powdering up the highlights a bit to give her a smoother look and glam it up a bit. What do you think of this finish? Too much? Would you do something else? Color problems? Too dull? Nit-picking criticism appreciated--always seeking new ideas. I know it isn't a great photo, but this is the one I'm practicing on. Next time, I'll try to choose something better Need to get my hands on some very high-res files.
Yeah, this one looks pretty nice, there is a big difference (in a good way) from this one and the other 2... I'm sorry for insisting on the pic choice, you are right, if you are only using it for practice purpose, that's a good thing to do, because you learn a lot during the process. I noted that you changed the background color, and the perspective changed, it adds DOF to it, very nice.
Keep up the good work.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-29-2011, 12:44 PM
Re: New retoucher seeking critique... before/after

I appreciate your point about the image. Evaluating an image is an important part of the process. Of course, in the real world, depending on what level we are working at, and the quality of the photographers we are working with, less than ideal images are a reality. Glad to hear that you think I am on the right track towards improving my technique. I am very new to this. I'm just working on improving my skills right now. Looking forward to taking it up quite a few notches in the coming year!
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques