RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Critiques The place to get serious, in-depth analysis and opinions of your work

Critique again please guys!

Old 02-19-2012, 04:43 PM

Critique again please guys!

That is another image I have created, looking for critiques (I know, hair on left does not look right ! i did not have any idea, how to deal with it !)

Thanks !

click !
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-19-2012, 04:58 PM

Re: Critique again please guys!

It's way better than the other one ! Congrats
Just some tips : ( contructive )

-Your skin texture looks great on most part but there's some parts that became a bit blurry , when it happens add texture.
-Like in the other picture, I think the white of the eye is WAY too white. It depends on taste but right now retouching is very natural.
-The skin tone is very orange-y , even if it's like that on the original I would tone that a bit.
-Fill eyebrows and make them clean for a beauty shot ( and sharp it too it's very blurry)
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-19-2012, 05:46 PM

hey, thanks for your time. tbh, whites in the eye and orangey skin is my monitor fault, not calibrated at all, but doing some tets prior to finishing work (changing screen profiles). eye brows were sharpened, unfortunately did not get the detail i wanted. you re absolutely right about the textures. will take more care next time.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-19-2012, 05:49 PM

It`s a lot better then the last one, especially the nose . Imho You should try to brighten the image a little bit, and try to neutralize the red color using curves. BTW great work on the skin texture, what is it ? dodge&burn technique ? The eyes are way too flat - maybe from that white texture. greetings from Poland P.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-19-2012, 05:57 PM

hey,

as mentioned, my screen is not calibrated, so having a bit of issues with brithness and color tones, i will try to print it on a3 to see the colours. it was inverted high pass for blemishes and skin texture, then d&b. cheers
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-19-2012, 07:26 PM

The skin is very good aside from the color and I think that the retouching looks a lot better than your last one.

The front of the neck looks manipulated though because the edge separating the front of the neck from the background is too hard and should have a softer edge like the rest of the image. The sharp edge focuses too much attention on the neck where as the focus of the camera was probably on the face. The line of the front of the neck also seems too vertical and too parallel to the back of the neck which makes the head neck relationship seem awkward and unnatural. I realize though that you were probably more interested in the skin in this retouch and you did a good job on that.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-20-2012, 01:16 AM

Hey,

I had a look at the image, I changed tone of the skin for more natural (it looked like gold originally), and darkened whites in the eye. Have a look at this one:

click !

Thanks Caravaggio for your feedback, to be honest I strugled big time with the neck, and I had many considerations when dealing with this part of the imae.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-20-2012, 01:34 PM

Updated version is much better. Good work.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-24-2012, 09:00 PM

Although I didn't like it at a first glance, the more I look at it the more intriguing it gets. Nice!
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-25-2012, 03:08 AM

Thanks guys for your time and critique. It was very constructive and hope will help to develop my skills. Thanks again !
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques