RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Critiques The place to get serious, in-depth analysis and opinions of your work

Abstract Impressionism Sample

Old 08-08-2002, 05:48 AM

What the heck!

is that piece of junk, lookin crappy bunch O spots and streeks. Is it a abstrack, impressionizm ......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wildflower.jpg (94.1 KB, 155 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-08-2002, 10:56 AM

I really like this one Greg. I can almost feel the sun on her face and I like the warm tones you used. Nicely done!

-T
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-08-2002, 03:51 PM

I still have reservations about posting these because I know it's very bad to be boring, like hey, wanna see the slides of my vacation to Disney World? barf.................
Looking at this you may notice that I jump around a lot, and don't finish one area before doing something else. That's just me, and it's a kind of multi tasking. Been doing it since I was a kid. It's just more fun for me. It is probably not for everyone. Some might get confused going that way, so don't. I just read a thread of a woman who works in PS and gets up to 40 layers going for her effect, then collapses them and starts some more. When I did the colorizations, and some paintings, I would go to 17, and that can get confusing for my limited brain. Now, with the paintings, I'm trying to cut it down evern more, for speed and efficiency, and in this one, there are only 3 layers. That's much quicker and easier on memory. This time, I'm using Painter 6 quite a bit because I want to get some of it's textured brushes.
greg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wildflower cap2.jpg (97.1 KB, 73 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-09-2002, 02:11 AM

Love it!

Fugitive, I love your "wildflower cap2"...really expresses a mood!

Phyllis
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-09-2002, 02:41 AM

Talking

umm - is it just the way I'm looking at it or does she have two right hands? Not that that's a bad thing - I've heard of two left feet before.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-09-2002, 04:56 AM

It's kinda like a movie, a spielberg movie, all smoke and mirrors, an illusion, if you will, but at this jucture, unfinished, and therefore incomplete. So, if one waits untill the final act is through, then it is time for applause or booing.
greg
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-09-2002, 05:36 PM

Distinctly unfinished Greg I know you may not strive towards completing all you pictures (god knows we all get the block) but this more than any other of your displayed works, dissapoints me most.

I dont like the colours so far, as even though you have succesfully experimented with normally opposing colours, I have not until now, thought what an unusual/strange choice. It looks a bit orange to me so far. However I also wish to acknowledge that your works, undergo a transformation from the concept to the final copy

Do you intend reworking/completing this in the future?

It shows great promise and would be a worthy companion to the rest

sorry if I have browbeaten
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-09-2002, 06:20 PM

to the limey

Well it's just one of those things, I have dozens, maybe hundreds of things I want to paint in the future, and I do change direction sometimes. Someone chided me for only painting celebrities, well, now I'm not. I chose this one for the sunlight and bright color, remember, the last one was dark. I am planning some nudes also, maybe by Zorn.
Yes, I'm goint to finish this one, maybe tonite. I was up til 6am working on it, but there's still a couple of problems.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-09-2002, 11:40 PM

I don't know if I like this any more after someone make rude comments about it. I'm just posting this cause I'm bored. I will try to finish tonite but.....................................
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wildflower cap3.jpg (95.6 KB, 51 views)

Last edited by fugitive; 08-10-2002 at 01:15 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-10-2002, 12:29 PM

Greg, I like how it's shaping up - can't wait to see the finished product.

Of course I'd like it more if your efforts leaned towards Sean Connery or Harrison Ford, but that's just me hehehehe!

Margaret
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques