RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Critiques The place to get serious, in-depth analysis and opinions of your work

New site!!!

Old 10-09-2012, 12:00 PM

New site!!!

Hey I would love some feedback on my new work and website!!!
jdclosser.com
Thank you in advance.
Cheers,
JD
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-10-2012, 09:28 PM

Re: New site!!!

Amazing.. I just posted my site which is still in the works.. Now I am bummed.. I got a lot of learning/work to do.

How does one get to work with art agencies/art directors? I'm moving to NYC soon myself.. Just curious if you had any advice for an entry level guy such as myself who hasn't a clue where to start looking.

One thing that seems to really set retouching portfolios in higher regard is the entire team! With sets, and photographers and make up people. Most of my retouching work, unfortunately, comes from local joe-schmoes who shoot weddings, and the work is blahh at best (even when retouched nicely)..

Your site is impressive! One minor thing is that I overlooked the navigation arrows on the bottom of the retouching gallery.. I was thinking "this guy has gotta have more stuff!" and surely you did.. 44 in total.. So I take it you primarily do fashion work?

I am using 4ormat (template software/website) to build my site. Is yours a templated site as well? Or custom made?

Also - what is this 500pixel site? There seems to be SOO many types of sites like this.. What's it all about? Worth looking into?

-Sorry for lack of critique and abundance of questions.
Great work.

Cheers
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-19-2012, 01:43 PM

Amazing.. I just posted my site which is still in the works.. Now I am bummed.. I got a lot of learning/work to do.

How does one get to work with art agencies/art directors? I'm moving to NYC soon myself.. Just curious if you had any advice for an entry level guy such as myself who hasn't a clue where to start looking.

It is so much luck and dedication that it is sickening....I moved out here chasing the american dream with a backpack and thats it. Work hard and get lucky....I know thats a bs explanation but I am still figuring it out now....I moved out here to become a fashion photographer...Just don't give up because trust me others will not, I was homeless for a few days out here but kept truckin

One thing that seems to really set retouching portfolios in higher regard is the entire team! With sets, and photographers and make up people. Most of my retouching work, unfortunately, comes from local joe-schmoes who shoot weddings, and the work is blahh at best (even when retouched nicely)..

A good team is priceless... when you get here go to the NY public library Bryant park. There is a reference section on the 4th floor I believe. Get Le Book. Contact photographers and ask to test.....get use to rejection but push forward as hard as you can. Don't be shy. No one else in this city is.

Your site is impressive! One minor thing is that I overlooked the navigation arrows on the bottom of the retouching gallery.. I was thinking "this guy has gotta have more stuff!" and surely you did.. 44 in total.. So I take it you primarily do fashion work?

Thank you! and yes I do fashion and beauty only at this point......It's all about finding your niche.

I am using 4ormat (template software/website) to build my site. Is yours a templated site as well? Or custom made?
Custom made. I previously was in Detroit were you have to learn everything to survive. In NYC is much more refined. They want you to specialize in one thing.

Also - what is this 500pixel site? There seems to be SOO many types of sites like this.. What's it all about? Worth looking into?

500px is a great site for photographers to showcase there work.

-Sorry for lack of critique and abundance of questions.
Great work.

Not a problem at all I am here to help. If you have further questions just let me know.
Also buy Pitch Anything: An Innovative Method for Presenting, Persuading, and Winning the Deal it speaks serious wisdom....maybe not everywhere but here in the city! its worth the 10-13 that it costs.

Hope this helped sorry for taking so long to get back.
Cheers,
JD
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-21-2012, 03:49 AM

....sever not found, I am curious.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-21-2012, 05:56 AM

Nice site! I like the zen / minimalistic approach. You got some nice work in there as well. I enjoyed the experience.

Ben
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-21-2012, 09:49 AM

looks very cool, great mouseovereffect, love the speedretouch
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-22-2012, 01:41 PM

You were homeless for a few days? Good gawd. Well props for NOT being homeless anymore haha. Beautiful site, love the minimalism. Like Diet39 said, I didn't realize you had more works to showcase. It wasn't until I read his comment did I notice the navigation arrows on the bottom right.

I LOVE your roll ever effects in the before and after and the video. What I really like about your whole "work" section and its categories is that most sites have an "about" me section, but your work section (heck the whole site) really conveys who you are as a retoucher and what you can do. Instead of just talking about your skills and yourself, you just SHOW people. Awesome site =)
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques