Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Critiques The place to get serious, in-depth analysis and opinions of your work

Seeking Feedback / Critique

Old 10-14-2012, 05:59 PM
Seeking Feedback / Critique

Greetings... first time posting.. though I have been lurking for close to a year.. I've enjoyed all the tips, techniques, and other suggestions.

I have an opportunity to apply for a retouch gig. I've taken an image ( from online ), did some extensive retouch. I'm thinking of presenting the before an after, with a few other images that are not as extensive.

My hope is that some members here will be honest with their feedback. If it's shite, please tell me why.

I guess the long and short of it.. do you think I'd be wise to present these.

also.. on a day to day basis, what is the most common type of touch up.

thanks in advance

Attached Images
File Type: jpg one.jpg (89.7 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg two.jpg (81.9 KB, 48 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-15-2012, 12:12 AM
Re: Seeking Feedback / Critique

Torjohn, welcome to RetouchPro! No, you aren't ready yet. I can see you've done a lot of work but the problem is, I can see you've done a lot of work.

There are a lot of retouching tutorials on this site that will help you. You might also try googling Chris Orwig. If you go to his site and click on the link for retouching you will find a link to a free 7 day pass to This is a great site for learning videos. Just be ready because there is so much info there and there is no way you can watch all the videos you will want to see in 7 days. I'd start with Chris Orwig's portrait retouching vids.

Don't be discouraged. Stick around here, look through the retouching forum. Maybe start this retouch from scratch and post the results from your first few edits. Post a description of what you did and what you were trying to accomplish. There are lots of good folks here who will give you feedback and suggestions as you go along with the image. Hope this helps. I'll look forward to seeing your progress.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-15-2012, 06:38 PM
Re: Seeking Feedback / Critique

Hey Cf1..

thanx for the feedback... ouch'd a bit, but then, that's what feedback can be sometimes. I appreciate you taking the time, to respond. I'm certain it'll help me in the short and long run.

I'm taking all of your suggestions seriously... will be signing up to I also perused Chris Orwig's site. great resources there.

My intent with that little project, was to take a "not appealing looking" person, and transform them into a more appealing looking person... The more I work on it, the more she was looking like an Alien. I was never happy with how I changed her mouth, and her chin was a challenge as well.

However, I was happy with the way her nose turned out, and also her ears. I'll be looking forward to learning how to improve on that. I was never really happy with my
make up job.. oh well .. back to the drawing board.

Don't know that I'll take another run at this one, as I can't imagine a retouch being that extensive in the real world..

Thanx again Cf1..
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques