Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Critiques The place to get serious, in-depth analysis and opinions of your work

Guidelines - Required Reading before posting!

Old 11-16-2005, 12:05 PM
I have read the guidelines & agree.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-16-2005, 02:17 PM
I 100% Agree
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-22-2005, 10:43 AM

I too have read the guidelines and agree to their conditions. I'm glad to come aboard and welcome your suggestions/comments/critismns (hopefully good ones...but accept the bad with the good as well)
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-22-2005, 10:34 PM

Reply With Quote top
Old 11-30-2005, 12:33 PM
Noted, and understood.

Originally Posted by G. Couch
These are important guidelines to follow when posting in this forum. I am going to ask that prior to posting here, everyone read these and acknowledge that they have, either in this thread or send me a PM...I know that sounds pretty strict but it will hopefully help avoid any situations of posters making personal attacks or "drive-by" posters - individuals who show up, post 30 images at once and then never contribute anything else. Anyone who blatantly disregards the guidelines, engages in personal attacks, or is just consistently rude, will get a very kind warning...followed by not-so-kind action if the behavior continues. Keep in mind however, there is a big difference between honest discussion and rude behavior...

These are guidelines that apply to giving and receiving a critique-

DO -
  • make constructive comments.
  • post any photographic image - Restorations, Photo-Art, Retouching (keep in mind that the guidelines that govern the overall site apply here as well.)
  • qualify compliments or criticisms with reasons and give suggestions for improvement.
  • be honest. If you really do not like something, say so!
  • If you post an image, write a basic description of how the image was created. This is very important as it will help others give a more informed opinion and allow everyone to learn.
  • post your skill level. If you have just begun to learn a program like Photoshop, please say so....And if you are giving a critique, keep the skill level of the image creator in mind. No one will benefit if you treat a beginner like a pro or vice versa.
  • Always try to post something positive even if you really dislike an image.
  • ask for things to be explained further if you do not understand someone's comments.
  • keep in mind that opinions are subjective...and a criticism of your work is not an attack on your character.
  • feel free to make any suggestions that you feel would improve this forum!
  • ask before uploading changes to someone's image. This mostly applies to when you see a post by a new member. Some people may take offense to any altering of their images and a quick "is it ok to make and upload changes?" could prevent a confrontation.

• engage in personal attacks, or make rude comments
  • make posts that only compliment or only criticize. The fact that you might like an image is wonderful...but please explain why!
  • post every image you have ever created. This forum is really meant for in-depth discussion of be selective about the image you post for critique. It might be your best work and you want to see what other's might be an image that is giving you all sorts of problems... Or perhaps it's an image that is bound for a competition or show and you want to get the opinion of peers. It could even be an image that a client rejected and you want to find out where you went wrong!
  • flood the forum with images. No one is going to respond if you upload 20 images in one day. 1 or 2 images a week is probably a good number. This will allow everyone to see your work and make detailed comments before you post another image.
  • post an image and then not respond to any of the comments. We want a dialogue...not comments that fall on deaf ears or posters who disappear into thin air after uploading.

These guidelines are a rough idea of how this forum should operate...and will probably be updated and added to. Most of all just keep in mind that this site has developed a reputation as being one of the most helpful on the net and this forum should continue in that spirit.

Have fun!

Noted and understood completely.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-30-2005, 05:04 PM
I Agree

I have no problem working within these guidlines.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-03-2005, 10:07 AM

Good, reasonable and sane guildelines. These are avery similar to the ones I use for a couple of the photography and art communities I manage on Livejournal. Basically it comes down to be mature, show your professionalism and don't get personal.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-03-2005, 11:09 AM

Read and agreed.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-18-2005, 08:07 AM

I've read the guidelines and agree to the terms.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-23-2005, 11:55 PM
Read The Guide Lines

I read the guide lines. Well stated, makes sense to me. regards steveb2005
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques