Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Critiques The place to get serious, in-depth analysis and opinions of your work

First retouch attempt

Old 11-24-2003, 03:59 PM
OK, this is a genuine question as I've been out of the flow a bit recently - is the critique quideline
ask before uploading changes to someone's image. This mostly applies to when you see a post by a new member. Some people may take offense to any altering of their images and a quick "is it ok to make and upload changes?" could prevent a confrontation.
still applied?

I'm just asking since I didn't upload my version because of the guideline but I see that lots of other people have - so I wanted to check. I say again - this is a genuine question, I am not trying to criticise anyone who has uploaded anything...
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-24-2003, 04:44 PM

I didn't even notice this was in the Critiques area and not the Help Requested area.

My apologies to bshifflett and everyone else.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-24-2003, 05:25 PM
Leah. I think that's a good question. I would think though that it would be a rare person to take any kind of offence, especially in the Critique section. It's a natural instinct to work on an image, after all, a picture is worth a thousand words and learning is on both sides of the fence. Ouch. I think I'm mixing my metaphors.

Reply With Quote top
Old 11-24-2003, 11:10 PM
Wow, I feel such a work welcome to have so many people look and take a stab at this image. I been on alot of forums and never have experienced this. Thanks so much for the tips and stuff. The first thing I think I notice is I could not keep the details on her nose, Seems as I kept applying the smooth skin texture (using the guassin blur method) I would keep adding and adding and all of a sudden lose any facial detail. Now that I have seen what others did, I can see where I messed up. Thanks so much! I have not even started on opening eyes, the skin is the first spot I wanted to improve first and the shine on her face was the clients biggest complaint she wanted mainly removed. Plus she said she would like to see less blotches on her face. So, that is why I focused on removing the shine and then working on skin.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-25-2003, 06:28 AM
Since you're happy to see uploads, here's my attempt - cleaned up skintone using Lee Varis' Perfect Makeup technique from the second edition of Katrin Eismann's book. Reduced lines slightly. Tweaked the eyes to get them more even. Added color to roots of hair where it seemed to be lacking. Added volume to hair. Blurred background. This would all produce better results on a higher-resolution image, obviously.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dscf1433-compare.jpg (96.6 KB, 72 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-27-2003, 09:49 PM
haha very nice leah. no point in me giving it a go.. enough have already. However has everybody failed to missed the film stain/splatter on her top. I would have removed this straight away
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques