RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Critiques The place to get serious, in-depth analysis and opinions of your work

Pony rides

Old 02-18-2004, 09:23 AM

Pony rides

This is my first submission of anything I have ever done for critique, I have been working on learning this for a few months and my attempt here was to try and keep the photo looking realistic. The original was a inkjet print they got from a local fair that had water spilled on it. My friends wife immediatly tried to wipe it clean and the damage was done. I guess this is a really good example of why you don't rely on inkjet prints for anything you want to keep.
I used other pictures as a reference and he is cross-eyed a bit, so I kept it that way in this photo.

Here is also a link to a larger version http://www.whip.net if the attached file isn't large enough for you.

All suggestions are welcome
Coilte
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sample2s.jpg (87.9 KB, 56 views)

Last edited by coilte; 02-18-2004 at 09:50 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-18-2004, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coilte
This is my first submission of anything I have ever done for critique, I have been working on learning this for a few months and my attempt here was to try and keep the photo looking realistic. The original was a inkjet print they got from a local fair that had water spilled on it. My friends wife immediatly tried to wipe it clean and the damage was done. I guess this is a really good example of why you don't rely on inkjet prints for anything you want to keep.
I used other pictures as a reference and he is cross-eyed a bit, so I kept it that way in this photo.

Here is also a link to a larger version http://www.whip.net if the attached file isn't large enough for you.

All suggestions are welcome
Coilte
No suggestions. Just a big WOW!. Fine work, especially considering you've just gotten started. The larger version on your site really illustrates the difference. The cosmetic surgery (cheeks, eyes, hair, etc.) very well done in my opinion.

You didn't ask, but I'll toss it in anyway (regarding the grandma restore at your site): The skin tones to me are a little too pink and the dress and green background colors seem too vibrant for that era. The BW version is quite good.

Colorizing a BW is not easy. You're going in the right direction, though. Keep at it.

~Danny~
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-18-2004, 02:42 PM

thanks

Thanks for the comments. That was my first ever attempt to colorize and I'm not completely happy with the results either. I was happy with the b/w version though. I downloaded that pic from the library of congress since it's in the public domain I can use it to play around with and post without any copyright issues.

Coilte
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques