RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Critiques The place to get serious, in-depth analysis and opinions of your work

Original Work

Old 07-20-2004, 04:46 PM

Kiska

Ahhh, okay thankyou for explaining that to me. I do have CorelPainter 8 trial version on my system along with many other different programs. I have had a look at it but I have to admit, I prefer to use PSP and Adobe. PSP being the favourite of the two.

I use a lot of plugins, I see them as the jewels of the computer art. But with my paintings I either use no plug-ins or a lot of plug-ins depending on the piece of am doing.

Here is another different style painting. While the previous two didn't use plug-ins, with this one I did. Again, please keep in mind these are reduced down due to upload limits.

Judi
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Marine Planet 500x407jpg.jpg (57.3 KB, 37 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-20-2004, 09:49 PM

Wow! You certainly are diverse in your artistic approaches. I'm impressed.
kiska
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-20-2004, 11:05 PM

Thankyou Kiska. I do enjoy my work, thankfully. Many people can't say that about their occupation unfortunately. There should be more enjoyable ways out there to earn an income.

Judi
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-18-2004, 09:38 PM

Momma dog & puppy

Kitacat, the second set of dogs is much better than the first. The distracting background is gone. The dogs are still "abstracted" but not so much that it takes away from their personalities and breed. This looks like a lot of time and effort was put into it. I would be proud to hang a print of that in my living room; but sadly (cough cough) I'm a cat person. Very nice work. You need to describe your techniques in detail for those of us who are painterly challenged.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-18-2004, 10:09 PM

Thanks Janet. I have written a tutorial on painting, but it really is just using basic tools. There are no plugins used in this type of painting. Your paintbrush/airbrush/retouch and pen tools are all you really need. You can use other effects later such as gaussian blur but that is really only used for the background.

I also am a cat person, but haven't done a painting of cats in a couple of decades, so I suppose that will be one of my next challenges. LOL!!

Judi
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques