RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Critiques The place to get serious, in-depth analysis and opinions of your work

Lili

Old 02-21-2005, 07:41 PM

Wow, this is a nice one. I must say the chin tuck kinda makes her look like she's kinda unhappy. I tried hard to make her mad when i was takeing the picture, she just would not budge, she was a happy model through out the whole 450 picture session. Excelant composition.

I left the freckels out because these will be printed in B&W for her portfolio..

Regards,

Alex...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBChamberlain
Hi Alex,

I took a quick look at your image. Overall I like it. I usually try to retouch so that the person the picture is of could not tell (unless the goal is "glamorizing"). As a result, I try not to change anything that is a characteristic part of the body, particularly freckles. I left the ones on her face and shoulders, but did remove the one on the tip of her nose. I think you did a good job of maintaining the natural look, but I left it a little less blur because that is my preference. That depends mainly on personal taste.

My only other change was to correct for monocular conversion (viewing a person from one lense rather than two) so I shifted the chin line a little becuase she is looking down.

Then a little USM, levels, curves, selective color, and a little grain.

Michael
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-21-2005, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agillette
I must say the chin tuck kinda makes her look like she's kinda unhappy. I tried hard to make her mad when i was takeing the picture, she just would not budge, she was a happy model through out the whole 450 picture session.
Yeah I noticed that, I also changed the lip line to make he look a little less like she was pouting, but to no avail. For portfolio headshots, you were right to take out the freckles. I think I took pictures for this client before, but she looked a lot different. The two curses of a photographer, the person who can't relax and the person who can't be serious.

Michael
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-21-2005, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBChamberlain
Yeah I noticed that, I also changed the lip line to make he look a little less like she was pouting, but to no avail. For portfolio headshots, you were right to take out the freckles. I think I took pictures for this client before, but she looked a lot different. The two curses of a photographer, the person who can't relax and the person who can't be serious.

Michael
Hello there,

Well i don't think you have taken pictures of her. This was her first time doing this. She may look like one of your clients. We are in texas, and she's kinda young too. I had to get parents signiture on the release forms. They have never loved anywhere else but in texas. So, i think there's a bit of confusion on that part.

Well keep the artwork coming. It's always apleasure to share ideas, and thoughts.

Regards,

Alex..

Last edited by agillette; 02-21-2005 at 08:17 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-21-2005, 09:03 PM

I didn't mean her specifically, I meant that I've worked with bubbly people who couldn't get serious when I needed them to.

Sorry for the confusion.

Michael
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-27-2005, 05:11 PM

Hi agillette,

Nice work. Lovely soft shot.

To me it appears that when you blurred the image you appear to have blurred her eyes as well.

On a personal note I would have masked the blurred image and "brought back" the sharp eyes from the lower layer. Or use the history brush if you did not duplicate the layer prior to blurring.

Sharply defined eyes hold your attention.

Indigo.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-13-2005, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo
Hi agillette,

Nice work. Lovely soft shot.

To me it appears that when you blurred the image you appear to have blurred her eyes as well.

On a personal note I would have masked the blurred image and "brought back" the sharp eyes from the lower layer. Or use the history brush if you did not duplicate the layer prior to blurring.

Sharply defined eyes hold your attention.

Indigo.
Yes you are correct, i forgot to mask the eye's. I will defiantly remedy that. I should have known better. Sharp eye bring out so much detail about a photograph. Thansk for the tip.

Regards,

AG
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-14-2005, 06:13 PM

Just Playing

I know this isn't what you wanted but I loved to play so hope you don't mind, I love working with layers...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tfs_Lili-003_02-05-1.jpg (96.4 KB, 27 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-15-2005, 10:59 AM

Hello Meto,

Wow, you did a great job at it. It looks really sharp. May i ask what you did to it?

Regards,

AG...
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-15-2005, 08:12 PM

I only have psp9 and I just worked with layers...used selection tool to outline her face and body skin...went selections modify feather 18 then added new layer then picked colour as close as possible to her natural skin colour and flood filled the selection...going opacity until it blended naturally, from memory down to 48%, the cheek was still over exaggerated pink so repeated the above process but selecting only her cheek opacity down to 40% this time I think, and that was it.

But thank you very much for the compliment as I am very new to all this.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-16-2005, 03:09 PM

yeah, seems the eyes are not that sharp.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques