Go Back   RetouchPRO > Studio > Doodles
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Doodles Miscellaneous fun projects to help enhance your digital skills

Cats with a Purpose

Old 11-29-2001, 08:30 PM
Lorraine, I love the composition of this picture! You've captured the essence of cats.

I just have to share a story that happened with my cats yesterday. I had told my mother earlier in the day that I didn't think we'd be putting up a tree this year as the cats (new this year) would destroy it. She replied that she wouldn't let cats dictate whether she put up a tree or not. (She doesn't have cats now, but has in the past.) I just let the statement go and sat down at my computer to do some work. My husband had left a 5' ladder leaning against the wall of the office that morning after climbing into the attic - saying as he did, "Do you think this is safe here?" (Does this give you a clue?) Well, not two minutes after I sat down at the computer, I hear a slight commotion off to the side of the room and look over to see one of the cats on the second rung of the ladder. Afraid that she would tip it over, I ran over to hold it. I decided to hold it and see what she had planned. At first it looked like she was just going to jump down, but soon proceeded to climb up to the very top of the ladder - almost doing "pull ups" to get up there. I swear! So, the decision is made - no Christmas tree this year! (My mom lives down the street, so we'll share hers.)

Anyway, I don't mean to detract from Lorraine's masterpiece. Great job Lorraine! -Jeanie
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-01-2001, 03:14 PM
Thanks so much CJ, Paulette and Jeannie --

Sorry I didn't get back here to respond sooner, but I'm going for yet another year with putting up my Christmas decorations with the help of my two current cats -- Samantha and Kitty Cat.

Oh, cats always want to help -- while we're decorating, and then after we've done it, they have to redecorate. I haven't put the tree up yet, but my cats are now busy redoing the garland on the stair railing and around the fireplace mantle.

Jeannie, I've only had one cat that went after the tree to the point that I had to tie it up so she wouldn't knock it over. That was Miss Kit -- the attack cat in the photo. But I have friends that won't put up a tree because their cats would definitely destroy it. I'm still finding hidden ornaments that various cats have stolen.

Also, I never put presents under the tree until Christmas Day. That would be a disaster, as I showed in my picture. Cats always help with wrapping presents. They love the ribbon and bows.

I'm so happy all of you liked my portrayal. Thanks everyone and Happy Holidays.

Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Studio > Doodles