Go Back   RetouchPRO > Studio > Doodles
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Doodles Miscellaneous fun projects to help enhance your digital skills

PS Graphics - Starting from scratch

Old 05-31-2005, 09:06 AM
Originally Posted by Janet Petty
Creating something from nothing is not my forte; but I've had so much fun with this little experiment, I thought I'd try and post it.

A colorful animation and very nice results. There is nothing wrong with having a little fun and experimenting with whatever graphic program you might have.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-31-2005, 09:14 AM
Originally Posted by sukku
I also have posted a pic (link below) on here

A manipulation challenge, I drew in the walls in CorelDraw and imported them into Photopaint. Basically did that to understand the concept of vanishing points. By extending guidelines from the visual planes i could arrive at the two basic vanishing points in the pic. From there on it was a piece of cake to draw in the missing parts, like the roof for example. It was very satisfying to watch the pieces fall in place just by fitting in the bits and pieces according to the vanishing points...

I now believe the concept of vanishing points is very vital, not only to anyone trying to create objects from scratch, but even for restorations like these. It sure is worth exploring.
A good lesson to learn. Vanishing points are the key to creating a realistic perspective view.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-31-2005, 09:18 AM
Originally Posted by Shalford
Hi All...

I’ve started dabbling in portraits, totally painted in photoshop from scratch.....
It was all done using the paintbrush, burn, dodge, blur and smudge tools.

Oh …. and a fair bit of swearing.
Excellent work so far. For one who has just started dabbling in portraits, it looks like you are getting the hang of it quite quickly.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-31-2005, 10:16 PM
I am stunned by all the great work in this thread! I almost hate to post my effort, but considering I can't even draw a stick man it's not too shabby! LOL! It is fun to try and recreate something in Photoshop, but much faster and easier to just take a picture in my case.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg apple1-copy.jpg (72.0 KB, 67 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-12-2005, 10:43 PM
Awhile back a friend and I played this little game. (this thread reminded me of that, so I thought I woudl post this here) It started on Yahoo Messanger with the doodle IMvironment, but originally was somethign we played as kids in gradeschool. Your partner draws a line on a page, straight line, squiggle, round and round, whatever - as long as it is one line. THats about the only rule. From that line you draw what you "see" in the line/shape. These pictures came from this game. She would draw a line in a new document in her image editor and I would take it to Photoshop or Elements (cant remember if I had PS then yet) and make that into a picture based on her line. Might be a fun thing to try here (?). Anyways, here are a couple of them. I have apparentl since lost one or two of them and gotten rid of the original line pics. I know on the fish one, part of the line was the top of the back of the purple fish just below the top fin. But I know the first thing I saw in it was the two fish passign by eachother.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sunset swing 1 copy small for web.jpg (81.2 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg Mar30003 finished small for web.jpg (97.9 KB, 37 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-13-2005, 08:34 AM
Nice results 1stlite! I use to play the scribble game all the time. It is a great way to entertain kids when babysitting too. Interestingly, I have thought about trying a “Scribble” challenge in the past, but just wasn’t sure if anyone would be interested. However, you have inspired me so go check out the Doodle Forum and try your hand at the new Scribble Challenge.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-07-2005, 03:59 PM
... and for something completely different...

Hi gang !

Waayyy back in the original post, Dough asked what could be done in (for instance) PS from scratch.
Well, Dough, perhaps the question shold be what can not be done in PS (or similar). All the images this thread have gathered shows clearly that most anything can be done in the hands of skilled artist and used cleaverly.

Please let me make my humble contribution to this highly varied collection.

A while ago a friend of mine asked me if there was anything I could do to make the logotype for his company a bit more interesting and eye-catching, as well as reflect the nature of his business better than the one he had at present.
Hes business is selling chemicals for dishwashers for professional consumers, cleaning agents for general use and all sorts of whiping paper.

I emediately "visioned" one large rolls of industrial paper in the background, with a couple of cleaning agent containers in front, a flap of the paper flying out from the roll and the company name on top of that.

A few hours later I came up with the image attached.
All done in PS with the Pen Tool, Square- and Eliptical Marquee and Text Tool.

Now the text is in Swedish (which explains the letter "Ä") and it states the name of the company.

-- Jiger --
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MorLog.jpg (45.7 KB, 43 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-17-2005, 01:47 PM
Here's a small one from scratch. No Photos or photo references. Just Photoshop and a little Illustrator.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg signsepia.jpg (97.4 KB, 95 views)

Last edited by goose443; 08-17-2005 at 01:53 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-17-2005, 02:44 PM
excellent! it looks like a photograph, goose! very well done!

Reply With Quote top
Old 08-30-2005, 04:17 PM
Broadcast Poster

This is an image that I created as a frontspiece for a FlameFM on Wirral flyer. FlameFM is my local Christian radio station. The words are not mine they belong to a song of praise but I cannot remember whose so unfortunately I cannot give a credit.

The idea is that broadcasting God's word will change the area receiving it.

How say you? Does the graphic work?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg BroadcastLandscapeWeb.jpg (32.3 KB, 57 views)
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Studio > Doodles