RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Forensic and Technical Imaging
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forensic and Technical Imaging Legal, medical, scientific, and forensic imaging techniques.

Working for government agencies

Old 01-26-2010, 01:23 PM

Working for government agencies

Does anyone have any idea if there are positions in the field of photo analysis & manipulation of sensitive to classified photographic material in any of the following agencies: NSA, CIA, FBI, DofD, etc?

I am sure there are cause all those reconnaissance photos let it be satellite or whatnot have to be enhanced and manipulated and analyzed to some degree for proper identification, correct?

Can anyone point the way? I have logged onto their websites for job openings and I do not see anything.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-26-2010, 01:50 PM
Patron

Re: Working for government agencies

Here Ya Go!!

Job Title: BIOLOGICAL SCIENTIST (ENVIRONMENTAL)
Department: Department Of The Air Force
Agency: Air Force Materiel Command
Job Announcement Number: DEO 10-073

(#6 under duties)
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-26-2010, 02:19 PM

Thanks, but did you read my post clearly? or did I not ask the question clearly enough?

This links is for BIOLOGICAL SCIENTIST.

???
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-26-2010, 02:32 PM
Patron

(#6 under duties)
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-26-2010, 02:45 PM
Patron

I thought I was pointing you the way.... not finding the job for you.. I did not realize you were not qualified for the position but are so specialized you want to exclude any other duties.. sorry

Job Title: Photographic Technologist, GS 13/14 (EX)
Department: Department Of Justice
Agency: Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
Job Announcement Number: 18-2010-0056
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-26-2010, 03:12 PM

That's pretty good pay. I am not currently looking for a job per se but wasn't able to locate anything in those above mentioned agencies.

This FBI gig could be cool but one might have to look at some pretty disturbing and bloody crime scene material on a daily basis, might not be my cup of tea, you know what I mean?

Now, looking at some fresh off the satellite classified photos of perhaps a nuke installation site in North Korea or something along those lines will be truly amazing. Work that would actually have world changing effects as opposed to the advertising stuff that I do all day, things that really don't contribute to mankind, except for my pocket book.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-26-2010, 05:16 PM

I have some background in both those areas.

If you think that all you are going to see from crime scenes is "bloody and disturbing" you are in for a let down. Life is much more boring than that.

As for the fresh off the satellite stuff, do you know what a nuke site even looks like? Do you know how to tell whats going on there? Do you have the educational background to be considered for such a job?

And of course not to be overlooked is the 2 year background check to get the proper security clearance. This might be your last chance to return that overdue library book!
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-26-2010, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post

If you think that all you are going to see from crime scenes is "bloody and disturbing" you are in for a let down. Life is much more boring than that.

As for the fresh off the satellite stuff, do you know what a nuke site even looks like? Do you know how to tell whats going on there? Do you have the educational background to be considered for such a job?

And of course not to be overlooked is the 2 year background check to get the proper security clearance. This might be your last chance to return that overdue library book!
Worked for a photolab that handled the coroner photos - lots of bloody stuff there!

Don't forget the periodic polygraphs for those really classified jobs.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-27-2010, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post

I must not have expressed my inquiry clearly enough, you are not understanding what exactly I am looking to seek out.

I am not a scientist, I have absolutely zero experience as to what a nuke installation looks like or what an ICBM site looks like. That's not what I want to do, I want to be the one sitting in front of a computer (hopefully a decked out Mac with all the toys, ) with scientists or military personnel sitting with me. They are the ones making the decisions as to what we are looking at, they will ask me (using my skills) to enhance these photos on the spot so that they can see the images clearer. I am sure you have all seen these scenarios from spy movies, correct? Applying magnification, changing colors, sharpening..........

And as for the background check, they can trace me all the way back to when I was still half sperm and half egg for all I care, I have nothing to hide.

Last edited by 阿弥陀佛; 01-27-2010 at 10:29 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-27-2010, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 阿弥陀佛 View Post
I must not have expressed my inquiry clearly enough, you are not understanding what exactly I am looking to seek out.

I am not a scientist, I have absolutely zero experience as to what a nuke installation looks like or what an ICBM site looks like. That's not what I want to do, I want to be the one sitting in front of a computer (hopefully a decked out Mac with all the toys, ) with scientists or military analysis sitting with me. They are the ones making the decisions as to what we are looking at, they will ask me (using my skills) to enhance these photos on the spot so that they can see the images clearer. I am sure you have all seen these scenarios from spy movies, correct? Applying magnification, changing colors, sharpening..........

And as for the background check, they can trace me all the way back to when I was still half sperm and half egg for all I care, I have nothing to hide.
Maybe now we do understand you better. The people I used to work with would be able to do all of those things themselves with a few hours of training. Perhaps you have seen too many spy movies and worse yet, thought they bore some resemblance to reality?
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Forensic and Technical Imaging