RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Website Feedback > Forums Q&A
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forums Q&A Tips, questions, and (hopefully) answers about using the forums.
One tip/question per thread, please.

Downloading pictures

Old 12-28-2002, 03:57 PM

Thanks CJ I will give it a try.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-28-2002, 06:40 PM

Awesome find CJ!! I'm going to add this to my "file size" tip!

Thanks, Jeanie
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-28-2002, 11:37 PM

Quote:
I'm going to add this to my "file size" tip! -- Jeanie
Good! I was thinking that would be a good place to put it since you've explained there how/why to resize an image so well. (I wouldn't have found this tip if I hadn't been looking for a solution to Phili's problem.)

Now, if we can just figure out what's going on in Phili's computer...
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-28-2002, 11:45 PM

Hey, Phili -- try this!

How's about downloading the file I used in one of my posts above (I've attached it here again), and THEN try to attach it to a post that you add to this thread -- see if the picture uploads correctly. We know that the file is the correct size to upload because I've already been able to upload it once -- so it SHOULD let you upload it also. If you cannot upload the file, then we'll know that there is something OTHER than the file or RetouchPRO's system that is causing your upload problem.

Make sense? Let's give it a try! Here's the file -- download it to your computer and then upload it to your next post and let's see what happens...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg save-for-web-tut.jpg (99.0 KB, 11 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-29-2002, 08:41 AM

Ok CJ I downloaded picture , open it in Adobe and I am uploading now?

OK it worked. Wow this is confusing me. Someitme I have to reduce the size lower then yours is to get it to do it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg save-for-web-tut.jpg (99.0 KB, 13 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-31-2002, 12:10 AM

downloading a challenge

i just signed up and can't figure out where or how to find the original challenge photos to download....i'm sure it's staring me right in the face, but I can't see it...
thanks
debbie
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-31-2002, 01:10 AM

Welcome, Debbie! You've just asked one of the "most frequently asked questions" , so don't feel bad. I was looking for one of the forum threads with Doug's answer to that question (Doug Nelson) is the website creator/host/janitor), but we've hidden that from you also...

If you've found the Challenge that you want to participate in, then it's easy to find the original image -- but it depends on which SET of Challenges you want to work on. If you want to work on an early Challenge (#1 thru some other low number), then click on the page link below, go to the category you wish to try (Restoration - Retouch - Manipulation, etc.) and click on the link on the right hand side of the page where it says "Challenges #1-36 or #1-#19, etc.". The next page will list all the early challenges and when you click on one, the next page will contain a description of the challenge AND the original image -- usually you will need to click on the image to get to the full size version of the image to use. BTW, links are sometimes hard for newbies to see -- they blend in with the overall decor -- usually grey or black.

If you choose one of the more recent Challenges, you will click on the page below, then click on the left side of the page under the category you want -- on the next screen (open up another window in your browser -- this may take a bit of reading from my instructions while you're looking at the other screen ) - Go down about halfway on the page, and look for the page numbers. If there is only one page, the original image for you to work on will be the LAST image; if there are additional pages, go to the LAST page listed, and you will find the original image listed LAST on that page -- in the middle, usually. This will be changed and made easier when Doug gets some new website software programmed to work the way he wants it, but until then -- we just learn where to find stuff.

Any other questions, just ask -- you'll find that everyone here is ready to help -- because we've all had to ask questions too!

Main Challenge Listing Page
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Website Feedback > Forums Q&A