Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Hardware
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hardware Computers, displays, tablets, scanners, cameras, printers, etc.

Canon EOS 20D

Old 04-23-2005, 02:06 AM
Canon EOS 20D

I'm thinking of getting the Canon EOS D20. It got very good reviews in the latest Popular Photography magazine beating out all the others. Has anyone here used it or have experience with it?! I like that it takes fast pictures, good pictures, and starts up in 0.2 seconds time. I had a shot of a band the other night on my old 2mp camera and the singer gave me the singer, I just missed the shot and although it's still a good picture his hand was out of the picture.

I've never owned a really nice camera before and never owned an SLR of any type before so I have questions.

Originally I had questions as to what ISO does, but now I know.. setting my ISO higher will give me better pictures indoors, which is one thing I want. To shoot concerts. Will I have to fool with a lot of settings or can I basically set the ISO and start taking pictures?!

At first I might just get the body because there's a local place near me that has great prices on kits with lenses, but they're sold out until October where they will have limited availability. Body's they have in stock. But, I have questions on lenses. I'm going to get a telephoto of some sort to give me nice zoom. As for getting stuff like a polarizer, a star filter, etc.. can I just get any one or do they have to be a certain type?! What I mean is can I just find some decent non-Canon brand lense and use it?! Would I even need the polarizer with this camera?!

The star filter I'd like because it makes lights look like they twinkle. Are there any other lenses you'd reccommend when I am shooting bands concerts?!

Do you think the following picture was done with a filter, edited in photoshop, or was it just the movement of the band that did it?!

Sorry that pic is small.. it's all I have handy.

Thanks for the help..
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Hardware