Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Hardware
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hardware Computers, displays, tablets, scanners, cameras, printers, etc.

Multiple installations of the same printer

Old 04-27-2005, 09:32 PM
Question Multiple installations of the same printer

I have an older Canon S9000. (A wonderful printer - fast, quiet, and great color.) For several months I had several copies of the printer installed. One for draft printing and another setup to print my favorite paper - Polar Matte. I had to switch to a Pixma 4000 for a week or so and when I went back to the S9000 the second copy of the S9000 printer would not work.

So I use the installation wizard and it wants to know what port I want to use. The S9000 is a USB printer and the current working installation uses a "Virtual Printer Port for USB" labeled USB001. There is no obvious way to create another virtual printer port and I cannot remember how in the world I did the second installation initially.

Does anybody have any suggestions? I am using Windows 2000 (very stable - I leave it running weeks at a time without a restart or shutdown) and the USB ports are 2.0. Thanks.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Hardware