Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Hardware
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hardware Computers, displays, tablets, scanners, cameras, printers, etc.

Problem with Epson 890 printer

Old 09-13-2005, 12:35 PM
Problem with Epson 890 printer

I have an Epson 890 printer. It has begun to ADD lines to the page when I print. Please note that this is NOT like what you get when the heads are clogged. When the heads are clogged, you are MISSING spaces in your printout, or nozzle check. This is like, say you print out a blue circle. The blue circle is all blue and complete, but there are little red lines going all the across the page (both over the blue circle and onto the white, where there should be no print at all). I've tried the different paper modes in the printer driver, and none help except the plain paper mode, which doesn't help because I'm printing thick paper. I have also tried doign head cleanings, which doesn't help either. I have two Epson 890s and this is now happening on both of them. One has seen a fair amount of use, but the other one is almost new. I really need to get this fixed - am in a jam with a deadline. Can anyone please help?

Reply With Quote top
Old 09-14-2005, 04:21 AM
Amy, I came across this oddity a little while ago with another Epson model where it was leaving pink lines all over the page, it looked like it was underlining both text and where no text was present. The cartridges were replaced with new genuine cartridges (previous ones had been refilled and/or were clones - old cartridges supplied by client). This model also had a button sequence to basically reset the printer. The printer I came upon this type of problem also exhibited the same lining when you did a nozzle check independant of the computer (not attached to computer and just using the internal head check print) This was a cartridge problem and the reset sequence was for my peace of mind.

Last edited by Cassidy; 09-14-2005 at 05:39 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-04-2005, 05:25 PM

Hi Cassidy,

I just got back from out of town and found your post. You are the first person I've ever talked to who is familiar with this problem. I will certainly give it a try and see if it works. I have jobs to get out the door and desperately need to find a solution. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks again,
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-22-2006, 02:40 AM
Epson Printing Problems (World Wide)

Hi Guys,

I also have an Epson 890 and I also get blue lines being printed even If I print black only. Amy, did you find a resolve for you printer? I also use this printer for work and like yourself have deadlines to meet. I would appreciate your comments on your findings.

Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Hardware