Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Hardware
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hardware Computers, displays, tablets, scanners, cameras, printers, etc.

Sony GDMC520K

Old 11-22-2005, 04:19 AM
oh my. I didnt know sony was that bad. I have 2x21" dell trinitron tubes. since 2002. i'm just lucky that mine still works. sorry to hear about your case.

here is the irony, trinitron tubes are actually made in singapore and I'm in singapore. from what i know, sony really did close the CRT plant down only to be replaced by LCD plant. still am wondering where are they going to get a new tube.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-30-2005, 03:03 PM
Well I FINALLY got my replacement monitor. Took long enough! So far so good too. No areas void of color and so far no poping, blurring or shimmying...but I just hooked it up so give it time (smile). Still no velcro tabs to adhere the hood for the monitor, but my fourth request for them hopefully will work....that or I will just go to the local hardware store and buy some velcro. It does seem overly saturated with color, but perhaps the other monitor was just washed out (it was dropping color) and I got use to it. I haven't done a print test yet, but I am optimistic that the monitor is working (she says while holding her breath and crossing her fingers).

Last edited by T Paul; 11-30-2005 at 03:14 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-30-2005, 04:55 PM
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-30-2005, 05:21 PM
T, Thanks for your documentation of your experiences with this monitor and with Sony's "Customer Service". It may be helpful to someone here now or in the future, and I'm sure that was one reason for your posts.

I've crossed my fingers hoping that all goes well with this monitor.

I grew up when we still went to local businesses for purchases of goods/services, and customer service was truly important to most businesses to keep us returning. Sadly, the internet is filled with pages of angry consumers venting over the lack of service, lack of expertise, and lack of concern experienced at many companies over the last decade or so. (, etc.)

I believe that the customer still counts, but with 6.4 billion consumers in the world, I guess many companies think they can always find another customer. The old advice about it being easier to keep a customer than find a new one doesn't seem to carry as much weight.

There must be a successful way to harness all the pent-up anger of ignored customers, and aim it at someone who cares...
.....unless no one is left who cares?
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Hardware