Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Hardware
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hardware Computers, displays, tablets, scanners, cameras, printers, etc.

Printer Help

Old 11-05-2005, 11:06 AM
Printer Help

I have an Epson 890 printer with a CIS system (purchsed from It worked perfectly for awhile, but now it has started ADDING lines. It looks kind of like everything is underlined. It just adds a bunch of lines to whatever it prints. Interestingly, it doesn't do this on the plain paper setting - just on the other settings (I pretty much only use Photo Glossy Film mode).

In order to trouble shoot whether it was the printer or the CIS system, I took the CIS system out and installed normal, new cartridges. Since doing so, the red light stays on on the printer stays on. It's my understanding that the red light means the chip isn't making contact with the printer, but if that is the case I have no idea how to fix the problem. I've tried another set of cartridges, but that doesn't help.

Any ideas on how to get the cartridges to work now that I've taken the CIS out, and also how to get rid of the extra lines? Interestingly, I have two Epson 890 printers - the second one has a CIS from MIS, and it is now starting to add those same lines. This one has been used very little. I really need to get this situation under control.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-06-2005, 03:45 AM
Lines on Ink Jet Printers

I suspect that you have already checked this out, but my first thought was that your print head needs to be cleaned. To check that out you can run a nozzle check and then clean the epson print head.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-06-2005, 05:29 AM
Dbh3, I see that the cartridges did not help, unfortunately my remote computer I turned off, will pm you with a reset routine tomorrow.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Hardware