RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Hardware
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hardware Computers, displays, tablets, scanners, cameras, printers, etc.

Wacom Tablet

Old 01-04-2002, 09:03 AM

if that's the kind of stuff that turns up in your neighbor's garbage, i need to go dumpster diving in indiana.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-04-2002, 09:51 AM

Ed
I think I got to move to Indiana if that's the type trash you get from the neighbors.

Kathleen
I noticed everyone seemed happy with the size tablets they have and I think it's that that is what they got used to working with. I guess it really doesn't matter because the results are still better than having to deal with a mouse. However, I still use the mouse for all other functions outside of Photoshop.
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-04-2002, 11:13 AM

i think you're right dj - love the one you're with.

i guess i don't do all that much outside of phosohop, but i use the pen for it too.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-06-2002, 10:00 AM

I am just amazed at all the great response I’ve received from my inquiry. I am really glad I checked here before I made my purchase. After reading all the posts, I’ve decided to get the Intous2 6x8 rather than the smaller tablet. I had plans to pick it up this weekend, but oral surgery for an impacted wisdom tooth (a tooth wedged between the jawbone and another tooth) has put that on hold for awhile. As soon as the pain and swelling recedes, I am off the computer store.

Sharon
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-06-2002, 10:24 AM

Been there, done that, had the same problem so I am in total sympathy with your pain but I sure would have felt better if I had a Wacom coming after that pain. Lucky girl. So keep thinking of that wonderful tablet when it hurts the most. Don't forget to let us know how you like your new toy.
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-06-2002, 10:34 AM

Dental surgery? OUCH! I can relate. Nooooo fun.

Don't you wish you were a retouch photo and your tooth could have been removed with a Wacom and a simple selection? Just soften and feather away the rough edges of that hole where the tooth used to be. :-)

BUT, if you are well enough to type a note you are well enough to order one online and skip the puter store all together. (It is probably less expensive that way anyway.)...haha!

I had mine within about 3 days after ordering online, and that was without using any special shipping.

_^..^_
Farron
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-08-2002, 10:19 PM

all this talk of the Wacom graphics tablet has made me want one. I've been doing a bit of shopping around and discover that they are hard to get here but not impossible. I just have to wait, which is not something I do well. While on my shopping excursions I discovered another graphics tablet by Capax, it's called the AC12-12. Has anybody ever heard of this one? I"m still leaning towards the Wacom but I would love to know if any of you know anything about this other one and what you think of it if you do know something.
I've included the web site if you're interested.
http://www.capaxtech.com.au/
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-08-2002, 11:02 PM

Can't say I've ever heard of them. Interesting to know how they compare to Wacom. I gather Wacom has pushed into the lead on graphics tablets. But if you can do a search to get customers reviews on the this site's tablets and Wacoms and any others, that will be a great help in making your choice. As a Wacom Intous owner, I'll start with the first customer review, love my Wacom and haven't had any trouble with it at all in the year I've owned it. Good luck in your search Sanda.
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-10-2002, 02:35 PM

i've been thinking about getting a graphics tablet so these comments have been timely and helpful to me...i am still considereing whether the less expensive graphire tablet is sufficient for me rather than the more expensive intous. don.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-10-2002, 06:48 PM

I have the Intous but from what everyone on this site has said, they are more than happy with their Graphires. I think you would be happy with either one so all you have to decide is which price would you be happiest with.
DJ
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Hardware