RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Hardware
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hardware Computers, displays, tablets, scanners, cameras, printers, etc.

Wacom Tablet

Old 03-07-2002, 05:56 PM

Sharon,
Congrats on your new toy. You should be able to move the image using the hand (pressing the space bar) and pick up with your section as soon as you release the hand (space bar) when you are using the pen tool the same as the mouse. Don't know for sure what happening there. Maybe someone else can answer that.
As for your controls, you need to bring up your Wacom Tablet Properties and choose the sensitivity and controls from there. There are several tabs that allow you to select all the controls you desire with your pen. You can even apply the Wacom tablet to other programs other than Photoshop at the top of the properties dialog box as well. It will take a bit of time to become comfortable with it but you will love it when you do.
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-07-2002, 06:19 PM

Hi DJ,

Thanks for responding so quickly. Selecting is working fine now. I must have been lifting the pen off the tablet. Using a pen is really different and it’s not as difficult as I thought it might be. I went into the Wacom Tablet Properties and tried for a firmer tip. But the default settings seem to work best. With a mouse I have more drag which makes me feel like I have more control. This lack of drag must be the getting used to part.

Sharon
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-07-2002, 07:37 PM

Cool Hark the sound

After all your comments and some checking up I did I found a former model 6x8 Wacom (which is without mouse and has the older pen) but is probably everything I will need. I anxiously await the 'SOUND' of the UPS TRUCK. I just hope I can set it up and use it effectively soon. Thanks for all the good tips.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-08-2002, 11:45 AM

i recently got a graphire 2...the small one...i thought the small size would bother me but it doesn't...the only thing i found out that bothers me a little, and maybe this doesn't happen to every one, is that when my machine "coughs" and i have to close a program that is hanging the machine, my wacom mouse is hung up to, but my regular mouse isn't, and i use the regular mouse to unhang the program....so i really can't get rid of my old mouse...don
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-08-2002, 05:26 PM

Hi Don, what system are you using??

I use an iMac and have a Graphire tablet. After suffering the frustration of having the tablet "freeze" after a restart for way too long, I unplugged it from the USB port and was about to give it the old heave-ho but decided to give it one more chance and plugged it back in - lo and behold it worked - it unfroze!!

Just a thought,
Margaret
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-08-2002, 08:41 PM

DonB0130 - The mouse Wacom supplies with the graphire 2 is junk. I'm not sure why it would be hanging, but I would recommend you keep your old mouse, since the one Wacom supplies seems like an afterthought.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-09-2002, 08:13 AM

margaret

i have a pc and the tablet is plugged into one of my stack of usb ports. i'll try the plugging and unplugging......

gcouch

i'm not ready to throw out the graphire mouse, yet....i just wish i didn't need to keep both of them...thanks for your response
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-09-2002, 01:32 PM

I think the hub may be the source of your problem. Try plugging it directly into your PC's usb port and see if that solves it.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-09-2002, 08:29 PM

Greg is right. In the installation instructions it says
Quote:
"IMPORTANT! Do not plug Intous into a USB keyboard or non-powered USB hub. Intous requires a powered USB port"
That sounds like the answer to your problem right there. Good luck and let us know if it fixes things for you.
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-13-2002, 07:01 PM

Question PS6 Filters missing?

Well, UPS finally came, and I spent a day installing the Wacom tablet. Today an art buddy of mine came to try it out. We discovered that Adobe Photoshop 6.0 is missing some of its filters and automation abilities. Also the long list "about Plug-ins" is grayed out. The only filter that I can tell is missing right now, is Distort and all its filters, but I know there were many others we couldn't think of that are gone. Also, under File/Automate Create Contact Sheet is gone.

Could installing intuos and/or wacom have overriden Photoshop, and removed the stuff listed above? And can this be corrected.

We tried reinstalling Photoshop6.0 plug-ins, but with no success.

Gail & an art buddy
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Hardware