RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Hardware
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hardware Computers, displays, tablets, scanners, cameras, printers, etc.

Wacom Tablet

Old 03-13-2002, 07:49 PM

Can't say why that happpened but have you tried reinstalling PS 6 to see if you can recover the lost filters?
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-13-2002, 09:42 PM

Yes, we did a partial install, to hopefully get back the filters. but when that didn't work, we did a full reinstall over, but there still are missing filters.

we also were going through the Wacom manual, and it said that a Pentools window is spose to open up, and take up the screen the first time.... nothing of this sort has happened yet.

Reply With Quote top
Old 03-14-2002, 05:19 AM

I'm jumping into this in the middle, so this advice may be totally out of place.....
I wasn't sure if you had Photoshop installed, then got the tablet, and now things don't work, or if you are just installing Photoshop for the first time.
Anyway, in your shoes, I might try a couple of things:

When you open Photoshop, all the filters will be grayed out, until you open a file. Depending on the file type you open in Photoshop, not all filters and menu items will be available. As an example, if the MODE of the image is Indexed (as opposed to RGB), the filters will still be grayed out. Grayscale MODE, also disables some filters as well

And then the standard question: When you installed Photoshop, did you close all other running programs first, like Virus protection, and screen saver?
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-14-2002, 09:09 AM

Another reason filters may be grayed out is that they can only be applied to a layer. So if you open a file and only the background layer is available some of the filters won't be visible.

Having said that, can you clarify if those filters are listed in the filters drop down list or are they vacant from the entire program? Meaning they don't even show up in the list.
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-14-2002, 12:39 PM

Question Still puzzled

3-14-02
Thanks Vikki & DJ for your inquiries/suggestions. The filters are listed in the plugin file folders (in explore), but are not in the PS menu, not even grayed out. There was a bunch of them – like the artistic ones, charcoal, oil painting, and like the textures, etc. I was sure they were there and that I used them before I loaded in Wacom and Intuos. The only mistake I may have made (that I can recall)was that it said important to load Wacom first but I had already loaded it (Intuos) so I went on with Wacom.

Thinking that might be the problem we uninstalled Intuos I think it was after a reinstall of PS (not uninstalling it or Wacom.
We don’t know why the filters show up in the programs (PS) plugins folder but not in the actual PS menu. Thought maybe Inuos tools over rode them, but then other people would’ve had the same problem. Perhaps we need to uninstall PS, Wacom and Intuos and start over. I am planning to partition the hard drives back to the ones we lost in an attempt to ghost awhile back. I do know for sure I had filters after that.

Would anyone suggest the uninstalls. And, if so, wait til partitioned to reinstall PS, the tablet, etc. (installed the Corel and other stuff with it – Sensiva, etc.)

Insanity reigns………..no longer live the king – please
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-14-2002, 01:26 PM

The only time I ever lost filters in Photoshop was when I added too many 3rd party plugins and Photoshop stuck alot of the normal filters in the other filters list. With Photoshop 6 so far I haven't hit the max on extra plugins.

You may ultimately need to contact support from Adobe or Wacom. They may be better equipped to handle your specific problem.
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-14-2002, 02:17 PM

Unhappy OH GOODY

3-14-02
DJ – and Vikki, etc.
I did end up calling Wacom support and my plugins were in strange places and I spent an hour with them and all it finally came down to was to uninstall all and reinstall. Fun eh? Thanks for the confirmation.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-14-2002, 05:08 PM

Glad to hear it finally worked out for you Gail. Not an easy fix for sure but at least it's fixed.
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-15-2002, 06:44 AM
Janitor

BTW, the date of posting is listed over there on the bottom

<<<<<<<
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-15-2002, 10:34 AM

Cool

Thanks Doug - I hadn't noticed the date and it is helpful as I realize how nice it is to see how rapidly there are responses. I hope it doesn't bother anyone that I put it on my notes as I date and copy things to or from files to saved info so I can recall easily what's what in sequence. Do it in all my stuff...emails, etc. Just a sort secretarial bookkeeping habit sorta thing...left overs from the 70's I guess. I shall try to put it in my files only

By the way, what do hairbow, LMAO (leave me alone?) and knockedou (short for knockedout?) mean?
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Hardware