Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Hardware
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hardware Computers, displays, tablets, scanners, cameras, printers, etc.

wacom art pen

Old 09-07-2006, 05:00 PM
wacom art pen

i just ordered the wacom 6d art pen:

anyone use this pen much?

do you think that this pen can do everything that the standard grip pen can?

oh, the art pen doesn't have a roller. darn. but if i don't use the roller anyway (who does?), i'm thinking i should sell the standard grip pen.

any thoughts on this?

Reply With Quote top
Old 09-07-2006, 05:22 PM
Hi, mford.

I've never used the 6D art pen, but have been thinking about getting one. Let me know how you like it when you get it.

As for getting rid of the standard grip pen... It seems to me the function/uses for each pen would be different enough that you'd want to keep the standard pen, too. For instance, I didn't see a duo-switch on the 6D pen and I use the duo-switch a lot. Also, the wider tip of the 6D might make navigating menus and such an interesting experience (and not in a good way).

Reply With Quote top
Old 09-07-2006, 05:39 PM
I see. I guess it really depends on the user. Like for me, I disable the duo switch, it get's in the way of freehand strokes. And I have a 9x12 tablet (I should have gotten the next smaller size) so clicking around or navigating menus gets tiring, I still use a mouse for that.

So I really just use the grip pen for sketching/ freehand brush strokes, which I guess the art pen better simulates.

Will keep you posted how it goes.

Reply With Quote top
Old 10-19-2006, 08:55 PM
Re: wacom art pen

I just got awacom graphire4 tablet. I cant seem to see how the opacity pen presure works. I have set the dynamic setting in the brush settings but I still dont see much of a difference when using this. it seems if i press light or press hard i get the same opacity. this is also true for brush thichness and thiness. I use the pencil tool or brushes and the strokes seem to be the same. I am probabley doing something wrong. Can anyone help me like this pen. I do like the feel of the pen and the control i have when adding colour and the way it moves. I may go and exchange this tablet for the intro3 6x8. does anyone recommend as size. I currently have a 4x5. Unlike a mouse you need to move your hand to the exact position to the exact location on the screen. If i get the 6x8 i think that my arm may become fatigued moving around the screen.

Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Hardware