Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Hardware
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hardware Computers, displays, tablets, scanners, cameras, printers, etc.

Graphic Tablet Poll

View Poll Results: What size graphic tablet do you use?
4x5 123 33.24%
6x8 104 28.11%
9x12 51 13.78%
no tablet...use a mouse 80 21.62%
other 12 3.24%
Voters: 370. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-02-2004, 04:30 PM
I use a 6x8 at home, a 12 x 18 at work. I need the large tablet because I have two monitors, and once you have two monitors, you divide your graphics tablet real estate in proportion to the size of the monitors, effectively reducing the resolution of your tablet. With my previous 6x8, every little tremor was magnified, and it was much more difficult to click on nodes.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-17-2004, 07:44 AM
I love my 6x8 with the thin pen Use optical mouse for browsing.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-15-2004, 05:56 AM
A4 Oversize is too big!!! (12x12)

I got the A4 oversized (could this be the 12x12? I think so) one which is really huge. Although it's nice to work with a tablet I never got really used to it because of it's size. It just feels really akward on such a huge area. It's like a workout - no joke! Also the tablet is really thick so it feels unnatural (left hand low on the table and the right hand raised almost an inch).

Probably the 6x8 or 9x12 are optimal.

Anyway I thought about ebaying it and getting the REAL deal Cintiq 18". But then I need a new colorproofable LCD (been looking at the Eizo Colorgraph 21" and the new Apple Cinesomething 23" or 30") as my productive screen seems to get inconsistent.

if only computers and accessories where free :-P
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-16-2004, 12:55 AM
Talking I love my Wacom(s)!

I have a 6X8 Intuos that I use at home, and my 'portable' one is a 4X5 Graphire3 (I use this for demos in class). My Intuos has paid for itself several times over, and the Graphire is starting to catch up.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-19-2004, 01:32 PM
Thumbs down I love my tablet's too!

I have two older intuos 2 12x12 tablets in my office at home and a new intuos 2 in my office here at work. (we have probably 12 or 13 in the building) I have seen alot of comments about using the larger tablets (people don't like them!?!) I find that using a larger area gives me greater control over my image, not to mention it makes airbrushing much more controlled. (at least for me) And hey..... can't we all use a little motion in our lives so we don't become part of our desk/chair? LOL

Reply With Quote top
Old 08-01-2004, 02:36 PM
Smile Graphic table

I use a Wacom Intuos2 6X8 table works great!! Anyone doing any kind of photo work should have one!! Makes life alot easer.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-05-2004, 11:15 PM
Wacom Intuos 2 Graphics Tablet 4x5 and i love it... been considering getting a larger pad but may reconsider after reading the notes about hands and arms getting tired... i already get cramps from the pen on this one...
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-22-2004, 03:39 PM
Thumbs down

I'm about to spring for a Wacom, probably Intuos3 9X12... I'm particularly interested in the airbrush...but that aside, do you experience other advantages to the Intuos Vs the Graphire?

Is the Wacom airbrush often useful if you don't want a painted "airbrushed" look?

(I find traditional airbrushed restorations usually look worse than damaged originals unless big chunks of the original are missing and we have to do complete speculative image re-creation).

This Forum's got a bunch of great participants...Happy New Year !

John in Albuquerque
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-29-2004, 02:11 PM
Just bought a Graphire 2 Blue Steel 4x5 from the Wacom Europe website, £39 used price. Cant wait for its arrival.

I have used an AIPTEK tablet in the past, but it was cheap and un-usable, i just didnt get use to it, so gave it away to a friend.

Anyways, will let you know how i get on with it.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-29-2004, 05:31 PM
Graphire vs. Intuos?

I am looking at getting another graphic tablet. I have and love the Graphire2 which I currently use with my PC. My husband bought me a laptop for Christmas so I am considering "demoting" the 4x5 Graphire to travelling use and getting another tablet for home use. So, I am wondering if the extra features of the Intuos are worthwhile. I know they have "hot buttons" that can be programmed as keyboard shortcuts, but not sure what the difference is besides that. Any input or suggestions? Thanks!
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Hardware