RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Hardware
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hardware Computers, displays, tablets, scanners, cameras, printers, etc.

Graphic Tablet Poll

View Poll Results: What size graphic tablet do you use?
4x5 123 33.24%
6x8 104 28.11%
9x12 51 13.78%
no tablet...use a mouse 80 21.62%
other 12 3.24%
Voters: 370. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-26-2005, 04:26 AM

Why did I wait so long?

Two days now since I purchased an Intuos 3 A5 pad and I cannot believe the control you get. I should have done this long ago.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-11-2005, 10:09 PM

Finally!!

About 4 years ago, I saw and used a wacom tablet for the first time and fell in love with it. Couldn't afford one though, and didn't really need it. When I started editing photos, I realized that this was a tool I needed. Then I got credit through Dell, but I had no idea which one to get, and they have a limited selection. I wanted feedback on all of them, and thanks to you guys here, I made my decision and ordered the 6x8 wacom graphire 3. I wanted the intuos, but couldn't afford it. Anyway, it's has an estimated ship date of the 23rd due to backorder. I can't wait for it to arrive so that I can stop trying to draw with a bar of soap. LOL. You will hear the cheer from upstate NY when it arrives. If I don't scream loud enough for you, don't worry, I'll post my excitedness.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-12-2005, 06:07 AM

Christmas

I recieved the Wacom Graphice3 for Christmas. Oh, what a lovely gift....

I can't take my hands off of it!

T
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-12-2005, 06:19 AM

My limited desk space allows for a 4 x 5, but I find it just right. Only use it in PhotoShop. The pressure sensitivity is great when working on masks and eliminates having to change the opacity of the brush as often.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-12-2005, 03:45 PM

Thumbs down

I have used my Wacom Intuos 6x8 tablet for about 2 years now and find a mouse clumsy and slow in comparison. In Photoshop it has been priceless but my recent purchase of Painter IX has opened up new possiblities which are truly exciting !
This week I bought a copy of the book by Cher Threinen-Pendarvis called " The Photoshop and Painter ARTIST TABLET Book" WOW what an inspiration !!! If you get the chance - have a look at this excellent book - but only if you are prepared to buy it - because I promise you, once you look inside it is a MUST HAVE !!!
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-13-2005, 09:27 AM

I also have the 6x8 Intous and love it. I was lucky enough to have several family members combine their resources as a Christmas present a few years back so that's how I was able to afford mine but even if I had had to pruchase it myself, it would've been well worth the money. I use it all the time and can't even imagine how I did things without it. If you're serious with this type of work on the computer I would say it's a must have. Even the Graphire is a thousand times better than using a mouse and those that have that one are just as thrilled with it as the ones who have the fancier models. You'll have to let us know how you like it when it arrives Fizzgiz.
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-28-2005, 06:23 PM

Omg!!!

My tablet arrived today!! All I can say is OMG, OMG, OMG!!
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-09-2005, 10:58 AM

I'm waiting for Wacom to ship the Cintiq 21UX that I ordered at work. They have massive back orders and production issues.

For those that haven't heard of the Cintiq, it's a 21 inch Wacom tablet, with an LCD monitor right under the surface. So, you use the pen right on the screen. It can be inclined and rotated or you can even kick back and use it in your lap.

Take a look at it here if you're interested.

--Racc
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-30-2005, 03:08 PM

At home I have a 6x8 tablet

I have a 9x12 at work and I feel like it is a little big.

I could not be without my Wacom.

Cathy
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-30-2005, 03:37 PM

Finally...

Well, the Cintiq has finally arrived!

All I can say is WOW! It looks like a work of art just sitting on the desk. I can never go back to a separate screen and tablet again. I'm now officially spoiled. I wish I could afford one at home. This thing is amazing! There is no way to describe the experience. It's completely different from using a regular tablet. The disconnect between the tablet and screen no longer exists, you work right on the screen, just like you had a canvas right in front of you. It's even faster than using a regular tablet, and I didn't think that was possible, because I can fly on a tablet. If I was flying before, I'm breaking the sound barrier now.

I'm completely impressed with this thing, and I'm not easily impressed. It was worth the wait!

--Racc
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Hardware