Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Hardware
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hardware Computers, displays, tablets, scanners, cameras, printers, etc.

Graphic Tablet Poll

View Poll Results: What size graphic tablet do you use?
4x5 123 33.24%
6x8 104 28.11%
9x12 51 13.78%
no tablet...use a mouse 80 21.62%
other 12 3.24%
Voters: 370. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-30-2005, 03:16 PM
Oh Racc...I am soooo jealous.

Reply With Quote top
Old 07-01-2005, 03:21 PM
mouse and probably will remain with a mouse. i cant draw with pen and paper, so why would i want to spend money on something i wont be able to use, other than for very poorly drawn stick figures

ok, i know it's for more than that....isnt it?

i will pass on one trick for other mouse users, however. make sure you are NOT using a mechanical mouse; you know, those ones with a ball in the bottom. then, oil your mousepad, very lightly. very! this will lessen the friction and irregularities of pad to mouse and reduce those nasty little jagged jumps one gets at times that totally screw up a piece. you dont want the oil dripping off the pad or even showing on the bottom of the mouse; you just want a tiny bit smoothed out across the pad.

Reply With Quote top
Old 08-25-2005, 01:32 AM
I have the Wacom Graphire. Although better than using a mouse I find it a little small, particularly on a Dual Screen setup where you only get half the area to work with.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-12-2005, 07:28 AM
love my tablet

I have the intuos 9X12 at home and the smaller 6 inch one at work. It took me awhile to get used to them but now wouldn't live without them. Would love to have the Cintuos tablet that you draw on the screen. Someday, maybe. I use Painter also and the tablet is even more important wth that program. For those painter fans out there Jeremy Sutton and Helen Yancy have some great DVD tutorials.

Reply With Quote top
Old 09-12-2005, 08:58 AM
Well I have a 6x8 tablet but don't use it as I have no sense of proportion with it, whilst my 10 year old just seems to find it a breeze
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-21-2005, 05:41 PM
Had a 6 x 8 Wacom Intous tablet, lent it to my sister, and now it calls her house "home." Went out and bought the 6 x 8 Wacom Intous 2.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-03-2005, 02:48 PM
Location: Waihi Beach, Bay Of Plenty, in the North Island of New Zealand
4x5 graphire 3

I went out and bought a 4x5 graphire 3 tablet, persevered for a day or two and now use it for graphics and web.
Only problems I have are with the intuitiveness of the pen at tablet proximity, (maybe I need to decifer an adjustment instruction somewhere) because I am not holding the pen far enough away from the tablet when concentrating on something else, it suddenly performs an action due to proximity.
The main reason for purchasing was because of arthritis in the shoulder. With the mouse I tend to use the mouse arm out about 40 degrees to the front, and the wrist at a few degrees further round still. This putting a strain on the shoulder joint after a few minutes. The pen and tablet, I tend to use much more to the front, taking the strain off the shoulder. (The penalties of growing old.)
I do occassionally still use the mouse, as my ham like fingers sometimes have problems operating the pen button.
For anyone with a joint problem, try it. I wouldn't be without it now, and 4x5 is the ideal size for me.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-03-2005, 07:54 PM
I have two different PC' is equipped with a 9X12 Wacom and the other (my standby system) with a 6X8 Wacom. By far, I prefer the 9X12. With the smaller one, I always find myself dragging the stylus off the tablet.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-03-2005, 08:40 PM
Wacom 6x8

I could not do much artistically without my 6x8 tablet. Making selections with a mouse doesn't cut it for me, especially since I am always using the pen tools. I can work very fast with it so it speeds up my workflow. I have an art background and did my share of drawing and painting. I use the wireless mouse to click the clone tool and the stylus as an airbrush. Now if I could just afford the Cintiq...hmmm. steveb
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-03-2005, 10:51 PM

I had a 4x5 Graphire until this Sunday past, when it met an untimely and traumatic death by shredder My three year old son was the executioner. The cord.... such a terrible sight, was beyond hope. There were bare wires and exposed sheathes every where!!!!!!!!!!

I'm plotting for a new one, it must be bigger, it must be better, and it must be soon!!!!

In the mean time, I am trying to cope , but I'm afraid the old mouse just doesn’t do it for me.

so cold...........
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Hardware