|Hardware Computers, displays, tablets, scanners, cameras, printers, etc.|
| ||Thread Tools|
Question for MacBook Pro using photoshop retouchers.
Could you please post the following information for general reference for me and other interested users?
1) your system config (processor/ram/hd etc)
2) which version of photoshop do you use
3) what is the settings of photoshop as you use it? (like memory/image cache & plugins/scratchdisks etc)
4) what other tools do you use to help with your workflow? (example- graphic tablets/scanners/printers)
5) what other devices are you using to improve the performance of photoshop? (example- external hard disks as scratch disks etc)
thanx a lot to all who reply.
Re: Question for MacBook Pro using photoshop retouchers.
1)I am running a A Macbook Pro 2ghz with 2GB ram, and a 80gb 5200rpm drive. I run it opened up next to a 22" monitor with a keyboard, and mouse.
2)Running CS2 at the moment, cs3 is a huge speed boost for the intels as you can see in the link below.
3)My PS settings are mostly stock, I increased the history states to 40, scratch disks is set to internal HD, from what i've been told using an external usb2.0 HD will not help anything. You can get an expresscard that will use a SATA connection to an external HD, that would make an excellent scratch disk, even better... a pair of 10k rpm raptors buy more ram first though as PS will use the scratch when it runs out of ram. (upgrade to 4gb if you can!)
4) I use a Wacom tablet, a dual display setup (as described above),and a Microtek i800 scanner.
5) Buying CS3 and more ram will help the MBP the most, I have 2GB (max for my model) and I still run out, OS X needs to use memory and if you have any other apps open, they use up the rest pretty quick.
Heres a link for benchmarks on photoshop using different machine and configs, I ran mine in 1min 33 sec. : http://www.retouchartists.com/pages/speedtest.html
Re: Question for MacBook Pro using photoshop retou
I've been using PS CS5 for a short time now on a similar machine to AdamZx3. A Dell 2209 WA monitor. Lapaz 6x10 inch tablet which i'm fairly pleased with as I can't afford a decent sized Wacom just yet.
CS5 doesn't seem to be running well though. Getting a lot of crashes now the laptop is a few years old and can't run PS without the power cable plugged in permanently. Have been trying to use my Lacie HD with Usb as a scratch disk but to no noticeable avail.
Have a very full internal HD which could be the problem but I think RAM is the big problem. Only got 2GB.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Paint Shop Pro vs Photoshop||albatrosss||Software||38||08-15-2007 01:28 PM|
|How do you learn to do "Photo-art"?||DannyRaphael||Photo-Art 101||18||09-23-2006 11:41 PM|
|Photoshop 8 settings question.||Phee||Photoshop Help||10||01-11-2006 06:15 AM|
|Paintshop Pro Color Replace Photoshop equivalent?||ShortBusCandid8||Photo Retouching||0||11-13-2002 03:51 PM|
|A Photoshop question and A touch up question||scw1217||Photo Restoration||4||03-23-2002 09:41 AM|