RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Hardware
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hardware Computers, displays, tablets, scanners, cameras, printers, etc.

wacom cintiq

Old 10-05-2007, 11:15 AM

Re: wacom cintiq

No, it's not on the website or I wouldn't have asked. I agree that they should be answered there, but it isn't.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-08-2007, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant View Post
Can we get any more specs? Who makes the panel? Warranty? I assume it could also be used with an additional monitor or two? Viewing angles, Bit depth? Any other info would be appreciated.
Well, I don't know what to tell you besides give Wacom a call. The warranty information is on the site, just look in the left navigation column. The Cintiq can be used with other monitors. As for viewing angles, I can get all the way to the sides and still see the image. It's not a perfect 178 degree field of view, though, the darker colors will shift a little at extreme angles, but looks perfectly fine at useable angles. As for bit depth... that doesn't even make sense. The monitor should be able to display any bit depth your graphics card can generate. My graphics card is set for 32 bits per pixel. I don't think they go any higher than that.

That only leaves "who makes the panel?" As was said before, Wacom has them made. If you want to know exactly in which factory they were manufactured, you will have to call Wacom and ask. Though, I don't know what good that information would do you as Wacom has their own manufacturing requirements as this isn't your typical LCD monitor. So, comparing it to the way or where other LCDs are made probably won't tell you much.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-26-2007, 11:22 PM

here are some specs i found on it.

place i work for is going to be hooking them up to all the retouching stations in jan, so i did a little search on it.

The Cintiq 21UX combines the advantages of a professional quality LCD display with the control, comfort, and productivity of Wacom's patented cordless, battery-free tablet technology. The 21.3" display features UXGA (1600x1200) resolution, a 170 degree viewing angle, anti-glare and hard texture coatings, 24-bit color with ICC color profile, a 400:1 contrast ratio, and 250 cd/m2 brightness. The tablet technology provides 1,024 levels of pressure sensitivity, 5,080 lines-per-inch resolution, and pen tilt sensitivity. The unique Cintiq 21UX stand allows it to be rotated 180 degrees in either direction and tilted to any angle between 10° and 65°. The Cintiq 21UX works on operating systems from Microsoft (NASDAQ: MFST) and Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL).
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-27-2007, 01:22 AM
Janitor

I haven't used one, but I have read that the bit of parallax needs a bit of getting used to. That is, your pen tip is actually a fraction of an inch away from where it actually draws, due to the thickness of the screen. It doesn't bother some at all, bothers others a great deal.

Bert Monroy uses one in his video tutorials, if you want to see what they're like to use: http://www.revision3.com/pixelperfect
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-27-2007, 09:12 AM

that's something that would bother me a lot....have to play with one to see.

they already have them for the digital sketch artists, which makes perfect sense, but i don't think i need one, but if it's there, might as well check it out!
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-29-2007, 10:16 AM

The control panel applet for the Cintiq has a calibration utility that allows you to correct for the parallax. It allows you to offset the cursor to the pen tip so that they appear to be in the same place. It works okay. But it depends on your the angle of your point of view. As you get to the edges of the screen it can appear to slip a little. But it's not that big a deal. It's never bothered me that much. But you do need to spend a few minutes getting the feel right during the calibration.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Hardware