RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Hardware
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hardware Computers, displays, tablets, scanners, cameras, printers, etc.

Wich one? A PC notebook, or a MacBook pro and much other questions!

Old 09-29-2007, 07:39 AM

Wich one? A PC notebook, or a MacBook pro and much other questions!

hello, concerning a couple year I will study, and my father will buy a computer for me. we are now already busy with the discussion or it a PC. notebook or MacBook pro becomes because you can frequently the same contents with regard to speed, rise space etc. for half of the price gets at a PC. notebook. MacBook pro is simply exaggerated expensive but well I will do much use and of creative and graphic programs such as Adobe Photoshop, illustrator and Indesign. also are there the question which type monitor I necessary with a glossy top layer to get that clear colors, or an ordinary display device has not reflected. and if it 15 "or 17" inch must be, because extern monitor must be bought or? and which Tech Specs I will have necessary. if someone can answer me on this very gladly!

P.s. the budget is not important
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-30-2007, 08:57 AM

Re: Wich one? A PC notebook, or a MacBook pro and much other questions!

ok. ive got answered it in a mail. so i dont need reactions. only 1 thing, must i have a glossy top layer on my monitor for better colors or?
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-30-2007, 11:14 AM

No you want the matte screen, it cuts down on reflections and I read numerous places that the glossy screens make the screen over saturated giving you a false color. I have the 15" Macbook pro and love it. As far as cost, the equivalent sony vaio is within $100 of the MBP. You wont be able to get a great color gamut from the notebook, and if your using for color sensitive projects I would recommend a good external monitor. (I have mine hooked up to a wireless keyboard/mouse and a 24"LCD..works great)

Hope this helps,
Adam
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-30-2007, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamzx3 View Post
No you want the matte screen, it cuts down on reflections and I read numerous places that the glossy screens make the screen over saturated giving you a false color. I have the 15" Macbook pro and love it. As far as cost, the equivalent sony vaio is within $100 of the MBP. You wont be able to get a great color gamut from the notebook, and if your using for color sensitive projects I would recommend a good external monitor. (I have mine hooked up to a wireless keyboard/mouse and a 24"LCD..works great)

Hope this helps,
Adam
thanks allot Adam!
about that glossy layer i was thinking that too, thats why i asked about it.
well that $100 doesn't matter but thanks for the tip! OK. thanks i will buy one like that when i have the money for it, i have now a 20 inch LCD. of my normal 'home' pc computer and i have a 32 inch HDTV of JVC so that will works too! ( i read that on the apple site, that you also can use a tv.)
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-01-2007, 05:39 PM

You can use a tv, but if your planning on doing any color correction I don't know how accurate an hdtv would be, might be better off with the 20" Lcd
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Hardware