Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Hardware
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hardware Computers, displays, tablets, scanners, cameras, printers, etc.

printer problems just prints color

Old 12-08-2007, 09:54 PM
Smile printer problems just prints color

i have an hp 2410 photosmart printer. i just put a new catridge in did a test page prints both colors fine but when i press the black button to copy or print a page it just prints color help!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-08-2007, 10:14 PM
Re: printer problems just prints color

The new cartridge may be defective. First try another new one, if that fails also, then it's time for Mr/Ms. RepairPerson. I'm not familiar with that series of printers, but you may also want to consider upgrading printers. Could make an excellent stocking stuffer!
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-08-2007, 10:23 PM

it was printing fine before and if catridge is bad why would test page be ok is there anything in computer where you turn off black ink print or somthing in the like?
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-17-2007, 09:23 PM

generally speaking, if you changed a cartridge, and it's now not working, but was working before you changed the cartridge, then you've either installed the cartridge incorrectly or the cartridge is no good, or, another cartridge may need changing as well.

remove the cartridge you just changed and install it again. make VERY sure it seats all the way in.

check all the other cartridges, particularly the black, since it's not printing black and white, for ink levels. normally HP printers come with software that will indicate the approximate ink levels, unless it's one of those very small 4x6 types which doesnt need a computer.

also make sure that you removed any shipping tape that make cover the ink heads. i dont know that yours will have those, but check to make sure. those coverings are normally just a tape of some sort to keep the inks from drying out during shipping and storage.

if you have a diagnostics/calibration/troubleshooting mode, try that. some HP printers will do a re-calibration and head cleaning when you use that. if the cartridge was removed for a long while before the new one was installed, there is a chance that the print heads got dried out. there is both a manual and automatic way of cleaning that. check your manual for details or check the HP site for your printer.

HP also has a fairly good 24 hours online technical support service. i've used it before but you have to enable the remote user thing in windows to use it. it actually allows and gives HP some control over your computer remotely. so, use caution when and if you do this. or, you could always call their phone tech support. that phone number shld be listed on their site somewhere.

also, if the printer is hooked up to your computer, try printing from photoshop or from some other piece of software rather than just using the printer buttons. i'm not familiar with your printer either, so just throwing that in in case.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Hardware