Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Hardware
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hardware Computers, displays, tablets, scanners, cameras, printers, etc.

Got the new Monitor, question about settings?

Old 01-08-2008, 05:51 PM
Got the new Monitor, question about settings?

I just got my new ViewSonic VP930b. I ran the Perfect Suite but I am pretty sure I did not get it right. I had a problem with one of the calibrations for brightness. Anyway, I will work on it.

I have a question though. When you right click on your desktop and it brings up the monitor propertys, under the color management tab should just the monitor you are using be highlighted?

color profiles currently associated with this divice shows my ViewSonic. Is that what should be there? There are lots of options to add other profiles, should I add them? I am really confused.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-08-2008, 07:32 PM
Re: Got the new Monitor, question about settings?

Marni, your monitor is plug & play. You should not need to mess with the settings under the Advanced Tab and doing so could prove dangerous. After you calibrate with Perfect Suite the program will save the profile and it will set your display to it everytime your computer boots up. In fact if you watch the monitor as your computer boots, you will notice when the machine is almost fully booted or within a few seconds after ward that there your display will suddenly change in one quick flash and will be brighter or darker. This is the profile being loaded in by Perfect Suite. You do not need to do anything - EXCEPT UNLESS you have Adobe Gamma installed (installs with all versions of PS prior to but not including CS3, or some other Monitor calibration S/W. If you had Adobe Gamma installed you need to remove it as it works the same way as Perf Suite. Both will try to load their profile in and the one that gets there last wins.
Regards, Murray
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Hardware