Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Hardware
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hardware Computers, displays, tablets, scanners, cameras, printers, etc.

Getting Blocked from Retouch Pro

Old 06-15-2008, 08:15 AM
Re: Getting Blocked from Retouch Pro

I'm on dial up and even my loading times are nothing like what you describe.

As you've used different machines to connect, then unless they're linked (networked) in some manner, then the problem is not likely to be there.

As Craig says, looks like an area problem, might be worth contacting your ISP and see if they can suggest anything.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-15-2008, 08:23 AM

Chris, Last time I experienced drastic slowdowns it was my DSL modem. It was about 4 years old and had just corroded inside. My problem was internet wide and not specific to any site. I pay for 5kbps service but was getting less than 1kbps. Sprint shipped me a new modem. They could detect the problem over the phone.

BTW... Here's a pretty good site to check your modem speeds. The other day, I just couldn't load some pages. Horrible speed hit. This was evident on the Atlanta connection but not to LA or San Fran so I knew it was a Net problem, not ISP. I guess the pages I was trying to access were on a server that was on a main trunk to<==>from Atlanta. Next day no problem.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-15-2008, 09:40 AM

The pages load fast for me. No difference from before.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-15-2008, 10:54 AM
Smile Re: Getting Blocked from Retouch Pro

sometimes adware or spyware can be a problem as well. If this is the only site your having issues with then its a user error, more likely. If you have done all the suggested steps posted above then you should have no problems. If you are having still problems, or you have problems with other sites as well. It may be time to take your computer in for a tuneup! Yes even computers need tuneups. I would recommend taking your computer to best buy's geek squad. ask them for a windows tune up and tell them your problem. Best buy seems to be the most honest out of all other retailers. Its because they dont get paid commissions. ( i used to work for them years ago). Also if you you dont have a best buy in your country or state. Call your local university and ask for the technology department or library. You will be surpised how many university would love to fix your computer for free. It helps there students learn.

I use software on my own computer to give it tuneups every month or so. Its so surprising how much crap can go wrong and you have no idea its there
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-15-2008, 12:02 PM

I have not experienced any problems on the site. Sorry to hear that you are. Lots of good advice already given, hope you're back to normal soon.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-16-2008, 11:31 AM

Thanks for all the help ! I think it has been resolved and am now able to log in and get to the images and posts. I appreciate all you suggestions . I did as Gary suggested and now it seems to work . Time will tell for sure!!

Again Thanks Everyone!! Nebgranny
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Hardware