Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Hardware
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hardware Computers, displays, tablets, scanners, cameras, printers, etc.

Epson R1900 or Epson R2880

Old 05-23-2010, 05:56 AM
Re: Epson R1900 or Epson R2880

Originally Posted by ediom View Post
R1900 is not good for me....I purchased one - about USD 800 and found no good ink for it!!! original inks are too expensive and I have to buy refillable inks... many people boast their inks are very high quality but after testing- all craps ! I just used once and it's still lying there in the box...also it is said - it's unknown how to chipset the waste ink tank...because EPSON changed it and made it different from R1800!!

I know a few commercial printers who have R-series printers, and they use CIS bulk ink systems from these guys, and give it the thumbs up.

The quality prints that they get matches that of Epson geniune inks.

Mind you, you need to color calibrate your printer every time you re-fill inks or buy new paper (and should keep calibration profiles on hand too). But, this should be done for genuine inks as well, because there could be subtle variations in the processing of the inks/paper.

The lifespan of the prints may be a slight bit shorter, but honestly, in the digital age, very very few people will actually care if prints will last 200 years or not.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-23-2010, 10:11 AM
Smile Re: Epson R1900

Thank you very much RooB for your advice! I'm now thinking to convert my EPSON R1900 to a DTG printer. As I no long needs it ( I have purchased large format one ) and DTG would be a best choice for me. I'm looking around still to find as much information as possible for DIY work. A service manual may work and also will read more others' experience. This is really interesting.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Hardware