Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Hardware
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hardware Computers, displays, tablets, scanners, cameras, printers, etc.

Wacom Question

Old 06-13-2002, 11:08 AM
well I just ordered my Intuos2, 6x8 yesterday. Can't wait.
I sure hope I bought the right size.

I have a 19" monitor.. don't know if it makes any difference but I find that most of my strokes are small and precise in this type of work so I'm guessing 6x8 is the best size for me.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-13-2002, 11:14 AM
I use the 12x18 Intuos. For using it as a 'mouse' it is a bit cumbersome, so I use my 'normal mouse' for that, when I don't use the pen. Have you tried simply setting the tablet to 'mouse mode' ? I do use the 3D mouse as a 'button-box'. You have to set 'dual-tracking' on in your driver to be able to do is. I actually don't move the mouse at all in this function. just place it in a spot where you don't have to draw often. I always use it left bottom corner and use my left hand to use it and the right to use any of the pens. In 'button box' mode I program each button of the mouse with a different key or combination, such as 'ctr' 'shift' or 'alt' (command on my mac) or combo's such as ctrl+shift etc. This way, AND using the buttons on the pen AND using the 'little numbers' I can do 95% of all photoshop stuff without ever having to touch my keyboard at all. Takes a while to get used to it, but then you can be really, really fast.

AFAIK it is not possible to turn off the 'little numbers' in any driver version for intuos.. Ask Wacom about it, maybe they'll include this feature in a new driver update..They're quite happy to have input and feedback there
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-13-2002, 01:21 PM
Pixel Mover
Sounds like you've really made efficient use of your tablet.
The little numbers don't really get in my way as when I first got it but I think I will try to use them and see what happens.

Don't forget to give us the run down on your tablet and how you like it when it comes. I think you will really like the size you opted for.

I only really use the pen for art and photo work and for all else I use my regular optical mouse. Same reason you mentioned. Too much arm movement. But for some reason when I'm working on a photo that arm movement is important.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Hardware